Profile for Angela, Ayrshire > Reviews

Angela, Ayrshire

An Adoption Diary
An Adoption Diary
by Maria James

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful, a must read for anyone considering adoption!, 8 Aug. 2010
This review is from: An Adoption Diary (Paperback)
This book is wonderful. I am considering adoption as a single parent and this book has given me a very clear insight into the process involved. For a start I had no idea the process would take so long or of the barriers that have to be overcome by all parties involved i.e. the adoptive parents, the child, foster carers, Social Workers, the legal system and the birth family. Although this book does have a very happy ending I imagine there are people who have gone through this experience who haven't had the happy ending of finally adopting a child to love.

I am now doubtful of whether or not I could cope with going through this process alone. The thought of being rejected as a prospective adoptive parent is also difficult to consider. I hope I'm courageous enough to go through with the process to fulfil my dream of becoming a Mum and giving a child a home where they can grow as an individual, be happy and most of all loved.

Flying solo
Flying solo
by Julia Wise

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 8 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Flying solo (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book and found it heartwarming and funny and honest. I am considering adopting and if I'm successful I would probably like to adopt an older child perhaps aged between 7 and 9. I'd very much appreciate it if any readers of this review can recommend any books that relate to adopting a child of this age.