Profile for Kieren Geaney > Reviews

Content by Kieren Geaney

Kieren Geaney

Page: 1 | 2
KiwiBird® NEW 8 pin 5-in-1 Digital Camera Card Reader with 130mm Convenient Cable for Apple iPad 4/ iPad Air/ iPad mini/ iPad mini 2 with Retina Display | Supports Micro SD(TF)/ SDHC/ Mini SD/ MS DUO (SONY)/ MMC/ M2 Card | Supports MPEG-4/H.264 Videos and JPEG/RAW Photos [12-Month Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars This device works exactly as described and makes importing photos easy. On first use I had to reboot the ..., 18 May 2016
My mums aging ibook broke so I bought her an iPad air to replace it and the prospect of being a tablet only household was a little concerning as I wasn't sure how she would be able to email friends and family pictures. This device works exactly as described and makes importing photos easy.

On first use I had to reboot the ipad (as mentioned in the instructions) and then unplug and replug the adapter.

RockBros Vintage Bike Bicycle Handlebar Ring Bell Clear Sound Bell 4 Colors (Black)
Offered by rollyourway

1.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to fit and has a nice long ring to ..., 20 April 2016
It was easy to fit and has a nice long ring to it.
The ringer doesn't ring the bell over road bumps which is good. I bought it for use on a road bike commuting 15 miles through London, zones 1-5.
Most of the road is good, not too bumpy and I run 25c tyres at about 95psi.

10k into my first ride with the bell, it fell apart. Road vibration cause the bell to fly off the mount, which I was able to recover but what ever too pin secures it has been lost. I can't recommend something this fragile.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Helly Hansen VTR Helium Running Jacket - AW15 - Large
Helly Hansen VTR Helium Running Jacket - AW15 - Large
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, even if i do feel a bit ..., 25 Feb. 2016
I like it, even if i do feel a bit like I am wearing Sainsbuy's bag for life.

It's incredibly thin and I was concerned I would be too cold in it. However, once you get moving it soon warms up and it does a good job of stopping the wind and light rain. The pocket it comes with is just about big enough to squeeze an oyster card / bus pass holder.

I'm not a fan of the hood. You can cinch it down with the draw cords but unless you have a baseball hat or headband or some sort of stopper, it will probably want to go over your eyes. There is nothing at the back to adjust it. I think HH missed a trick in that regard. Also when running, the hood can act as a bit of a parachute for an added training effect.

The top has holes in the back to vent. It would be nice if there were a couple around the inner arms and armpits perhaps but I suppose more stiches and features drive up the price. Overall I am very happy with it. I partner it with a nike jacket which is much heavier and water resistant so suitable for colder days or downpours.

TopAce Adjustable Sports Gym Running Armband For OPPO R7 Plus Protective Case Cover Pouch Sleeve / Key Holder (Blue)
Offered by AceTechUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly wider would do better around the, 8 Jan. 2016
Fits the op r7 plus but it's a tight fit, so much so that as soon as you wear it on your arm, power & volume buttons are depressed which keeps putting my phone into recovery mode. Slightly wider would do better around the buttons

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick good search suggested using a VPN app to log in ..., 21 Dec. 2015
If you can get this from hong kong, you'll pay about £10. Amazon price is almost 3x that but still cheap compared to alternatives. The order arrived within 2 days of ordering.

Set up was a bit of a pain for me. You need to download the "mi fit" app and register. Despite doing that, I couldn't log in. A quick good search suggested using a VPN app to log in from a different country. I was able to set up my account when VPN'd to Hong Kong.

Heart rate tracking is on demand, not constant. This could change with software updates. I haven't been able to get it to successfully read my heart rate. Out of 10 attempts only 2 were able to take a reading and these were wrong. They recorded over 100bpm when my actual resting heart rate is 48bpm (verified with wahoo chest strap and runtastic heart rate app).

AmazonBasics Armband for iPhone 6 Plus
AmazonBasics Armband for iPhone 6 Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Stiching is good and the clear panel allows contact to the whole ..., 25 Nov. 2015
It fits the Oppo R7 Plus phone which is HUGE. It has a 6 inch screen and is slightly bigger than a nexus 6P, iPhone 6 Plus and samsung Note 4.

This case fits with a little bit of a squeeze. Stiching is good and the clear panel allows contact to the whole screen including the front camera so if you feel the need for a workout selfie you can. Rear is covered but you can peel back the case without removing the phone to take a photo of something if your camera is in the middle of the phone. If is it top right / left this might not work. The key decider for me is that the top of the case is covered which should keep water out (some cases have holes for headphones on top and bottom). There is a headphone port on one end if you need that (top right / bottom left depending on orientation). I prefer to use a set o f bluetooth headphones which cuts down on the cables.

MoKo Sports Armband for Cellphones up to 5.2 Inch - Compatible with Apple iPhone 6 4.7, Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, S4, Google Nexus 5, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z4, HTC One M9, Key holder Slot, Water Resistant, Sweat-proof, BLACK
Offered by BSCstore EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality seems should be great for running in dry weather, 23 Nov. 2015
Fits an Oppo R7 Plus (with a slight squeeze) and a Nexus 6P. Quality seems should be great for running in dry weather. I wanted and armband to keep the rain off my phone in light rain and the band fails in this regard. There are 2 holes in both the top and bottom of the case for headphones, chargers but this would also allow rain water in. If there was just a flap to cover these the band would be perfect. Amazon basics also do a band which which might be a bit more shower resistant.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2015 5:53 AM GMT

LOVE MY CASE / SILVER grey Fabric MP3 Player Case, cover, shell - Clamshell Style with Zip Enclosure, designed Inner Pocket, Durable Exterior Apple iPod Shuffle 2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation with Love my Case Cleaning cloth
Offered by Love My Case Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful. It stops my headphones getting lost in my ..., 19 Nov. 2015
Very useful. It stops my headphones getting lost in my bag. It has a loop on it that you can attach a keyring to.

7dayshop Compatible EN-EL20 Camera Battery - 1020mAh for Nikon
7dayshop Compatible EN-EL20 Camera Battery - 1020mAh for Nikon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good. I find items from 7 day shop to ..., 19 Nov. 2015
Good. I find items from 7 day shop to be of good quality. Recent firmware updates from Nikon prevented many 3rd party batteries working but the 7 day shop battery continues to be accepted by the camera. I find it lasts on par with the original Nikon and have owned it a while with no issues.

While a bit harsh, I deducted 1 star because LI-ION batteries can fail with flames! This has never happened to me and while I have reason to doubt Nikon / Canon that charge 3 times as much, I would like some reassurance from 3rd party brands about quality assurance. Obviously is doesn't bother me that much because I bought the battery but it does cross my mind

OPPO R7 Plus Dual SIM-Free 4G Smartphone - Golden (Amazon UK exclusive)
OPPO R7 Plus Dual SIM-Free 4G Smartphone - Golden (Amazon UK exclusive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life No Longer A Concern, 19 Nov. 2015
I've been using this just over a week. Its a great phone that is only slight larger than iPhone 6 Plus or One Plus One. Amazingly, it fits in the front pocket of the jeans I own. I wasn't expecting that and thought I'd need to carry a bag. Your results might vary so review the dimensions if that is important to you.

Be aware that to use the fast charge you need a VOOC charger and USB cable (included). Without that, you just get standard charge times. A charger and cable is included and even with heavy use, I have not been able to kill the battery in a day. Charging the phone is amazing! I used an app called Ampere to test and my old nexus 4 took about 2.5 hours to charge a battery drawing 760mA. The Oppo will pull 3100mA - it really does get to 75% more or less in 30 minutes.

My phone came with google apps installed. I would have preferred just the key apps like the play store and system tools so that I could choose to install my own. I don't Play Books for example and can't delete it. This is not a big deal as I can hide it away but something thats easy to correct for Oppo. The ROM doesn't feel bloated - it responds well but it's big. It's takes about 10GB! No idea what is using all that space.

If you are into custom roms, oppo seem keen to engage developers and customer feedback on their website. There is also some activity on XDA but as it is a new phone, alternative roms are little thin on the ground so far. That said, I find color OS pretty good and have no plans on changing it. My only wish would be a setting to alter the screen dpi so I can shrink icons & text and fit more on. Some custom roms will let you do that.

It comes with a screen protector applied and a slim clear plastic case that barely adds any bulk so I leave that on.

I cant comment on the fingerprint reader as I don't think the tech is secure enough on any platform yet. Loose you card numbers or pin and change it. If your biometric identity gets compromised there is not much you can do.

Page: 1 | 2