Profile for Nicholas J. Hance > Reviews

Content by Nicholas J. Hance

Nicholas J. Hance (Oxfordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Clean Cut (Anna Travis series Book 3)
Clean Cut (Anna Travis series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 7 Jun. 2014
A good read but plotlines were too numerous for my brain cells to manage. There are some good dramatic bits.

The Water-Babies
The Water-Babies

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea., 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Water-Babies (Kindle Edition)
Not a good read for me but perhaps I missed the point the author was making.? I got bored with it.

Alan Turing: Unlocking the Enigma (Kindle Single)
Alan Turing: Unlocking the Enigma (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars Turing and homosexuality., 7 Jun. 2014
The book majored on Turing's sexuality. I was hoping to find out more about his mind and ideas rather rthan his sexual predelictions.

Great Britain Concise 2013 2013: GB Concise: Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue: 2013
by Stanley Gibbons

5.0 out of 5 stars Collector's must, 28 April 2014
I found everything a semi-serious collector needs in this volume. It has given me hours of enjoyment and solved some notty categorisation issues!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 11:48 PM BST

Collect British Stamps 2013: Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue
Collect British Stamps 2013: Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue
by Stanley Gibbons

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeping up to date, 13 May 2013
This catalogue falls between the two stools of "Concise" and "Comprehensive" and satisfies neither. I was disappointed but at least it kept me reasonably uptodate with current stamp values.

Ancient Earth Mysteries
Ancient Earth Mysteries

3.0 out of 5 stars A sketchy view, 13 May 2013
Too much attempted and reader is left asking a lot of unanswered questions. Nothing new in this book but a rehash of many oddball views.

How To Pass From Curse To Blessing
How To Pass From Curse To Blessing

5.0 out of 5 stars Easing the burden of curses, 13 May 2013
It is clear that successful prayers for healing should be made after a prayer to lft any curse that may be lurking. Prince's very helpful book contains much unsensational knowledge that can help all Christians. I no longer talk about 'bad luck' but now look for curses as being the problem preventing healing.

Spiritual Discernment
Spiritual Discernment

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing book, 26 Mar. 2013
I originally read this book 20 years ago and love it so much that I have bought it for my kindle as a constant reference book. It pays to study this treatise carefully as Watchman Nee is the only person I know who can explain the differences between Body, Soul and Spirit . This book changed my life!

Jilly Cooper: Rivals and Riders: Ebook Bundle
Jilly Cooper: Rivals and Riders: Ebook Bundle

3.0 out of 5 stars Liaison combinations, 26 Mar. 2013
I have found the book overlong but an easy read. Take 20 people connected by their sport and see how many combinations of liaison are possioble given that very few of the characters have any morals! I learned something about the sport of showjumping but seems to be hard work for the grooms and a doddle for the snooty owners. The riders are a mixed bunch!

The Savile Syndrome
The Savile Syndrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable but an essential read, 17 Jan. 2013
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to know "Why?" I am astounded that the author was so frank in writing about her journey, although she didn't suffer at the hands of Savile but by people like him. She writes about things that needed to be revealed. No longer can 'good people' ignore what is happening every day but do something to combat this particular sickness in society. Ms Tierney is to be congratulated in taking the lid off something people would rather ignore and deny is happening.

Page: 1 | 2