Profile for Lisa McLoughlin > Reviews

Content by Lisa McLoughlin

Lisa McLoughlin "Lisa" (Uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the tonic I needed, 23 July 2014
Interesting book about the benefits of soul writing and how it differed from journaling... I intend to revisit it time and time again as my craft develops...I don't think I can stop journaling now...it's as if my soul depends on it ;)

This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart
This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart
Price: 6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars The most resonant book I have ever read..., 15 July 2014
I don't have the words to articulate how moved I was reading this book. I saw myself reflected in the words....It helped show me that I want to keep on my journey of self discovery and healing and to trust the process...

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions
Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions
Price: 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars What it means to be human..., 2 Jan 2014
A great book that helps us understand why and in what ways we are predictably irrational. It definitely helps me to feel more compassion towards myself and others, but also hints at how we can accommodate for this irrationality and make better decisions ... ;)

Dream Seed Magic: A Journey Beyond My Imagination
Dream Seed Magic: A Journey Beyond My Imagination
Price: 3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars within a few chapters I was hooked ....., 31 Dec 2013
This has been a wonderfully open and engaging read for me. I related to the story in many ways and I experienced a deep sense of compassion and connection for the author.

It is a truly inspirational story and one that will stay with me for a long time to come. Thank you Diane and thank you Catherine Haymes for the recommendation...

Taking Flight: Inspiration And Techniques To Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
Taking Flight: Inspiration And Techniques To Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
Price: 8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiration for the creative soul.., 28 Dec 2013
It has been beautifully inspiring reading about the creative process of Kelly Rae Roberts and her creative friends. Wise words are written which can also be applied to generally living your life, as well as many mixed media craft tips to practice ...

Money Bondage - Discover the Power of Mind Over Money
Money Bondage - Discover the Power of Mind Over Money
Price: 6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars wow you wrote this for me ;), 7 Dec 2013
This is an amazing book. I could not put it down. It is a solid foundation to shifting your mindset. I do hope Sophie writes further books about investing etc. fabulous read :)

The Prayer
The Prayer
by Stephan J Myers
Price: 4.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting it is..., 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Prayer (Paperback)
Wow...this beautiful book has left me breathless and not quite ending the way I hoped it would...

What a powerful picture Stephan painted with his well chosen words and richly coloured artwork. Two polar opposite examples with consequences.

So glad I have this birds-eye view to ground me in gratitude of how lucky we are with our homes,family, safe places and things.

Definitely a book to start a conversation about compassion and connection with others and truly understand that although we all have different lifestyles and contexts...,we are all connected and human and being down on luck could happen to any of us at any time.

A wonderful read...

Loss De Plott & The Colour Blue:: A Children's Halloween Tale with Witches, Lanterns, Broomsticks & Spells!...: 2 (The Book Of Dreams)
by Stephan J Myers
Price: 4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 1 Oct 2013
What a delightful and wonderful second edition to The Colour Red. I so enjoyed every word.

I especially love that I am reading it during the reflective autumn season and vividly remembering how exciting Halloween was back when I was a child.

This book takes me back to those magical times. No word is wasted and the story conjures up all sorts of brightly coloured characters, which align beautifully with the amazing illustrations...So warm and cosy by the fire;)

Love, love, love this! Thank YOU Stephan J Myers :)

THE GAME OF LIFE & HOW TO PLAY IT - Revised/Updated (Workbook Included)
THE GAME OF LIFE & HOW TO PLAY IT - Revised/Updated (Workbook Included)
Price: 1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars wow what an interesting book that was recommended to me and I have just finished :), 17 July 2013
I often find when I believe in something all sorts of things happen to confirm that my belief is true to me.... If fear and doubt creep in in abundance...things oppose round me... Wonderful and inspiring book...

The War of Art
The War of Art
Price: 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The War of Art (Kindle Edition)
I am an artist who has let her armour fall from her soul...this book was serendipitously recommended to me...very timely.. I would recommend it to all creatives ( everyone)...

Page: 1 | 2