Profile for Anna > Reviews

Content by Anna

Anna (Essex, England)

Magnificent Moses (Boring Bible Series)
Magnificent Moses (Boring Bible Series)
by Andy Robb

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Find, 15 Feb 2011
I have just purchased the whole series as I am looking for ways to make the teaching of RE in my school more dynamic. I have just given them to my year six's to review. They are loving them. The humour, the ease of understanding what it is about, the style and accessibility for them is great. These books are a real find and I couldn't reccommend them highly enough.

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
by Nigella Lawson

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 4 Dec 2010
It was not made clear that this is the American version of the book. Nothing wrong with it - just not the one I wanted.

IF YOU WANT TO WALK ON WATER  YOUVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THE BOAT
IF YOU WANT TO WALK ON WATER YOUVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THE BOAT
by Zondervan
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Challenged in Your Christian Walk, 31 May 2003
Wanting to do more for God but struggling to be motivated? John Ortberg's excellent style will get you thinking. Full of real life examples, down to earth and easy to read. By the end of the book you will be challenged and reviewing your current choices. A superb book which has changed me and helped me realise the highs and lows that come with serving an Almighty God. A powerful book which will encourage and inspire!

Lady in Waiting Study Guide
Lady in Waiting Study Guide
by Jackie Kendall
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read if You're Always Feeling Let Down by People!, 31 May 2003
An excellent book for Christian women who struggle to understand why it is that life has turned out the way it currently is, particularly if dealing with the issue of singleness but applicable to all. It really will help you to find perspective and realise that the only person who can satisfy our needs is by having a real relationship with God instead of looking to people. It will give you some clear principles to make as a basis and ask you some challenging questions to get you thinking. It has transformed my attitude and I can think of many friends who would appreciate this too. Well worth reading and sharing.