ARRAY(0xb56e9bd0)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Hillside" (South Wales, UK)

Samsung 10.1 inch Book Cover Case for Galaxy Tab - Black
Samsung 10.1 inch Book Cover Case for Galaxy Tab - Black
Price: 39.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cover for 10.1 Galaxy S Tablet, 2 Mar 2012
I purchased this cover because it is a Samsung branded product, and I felt that this would make it the most appropriate cover for my new tablet.

However, I feel that the product description and pictures could be better. Despite my concerns I proceeded with the purchase and I am pleased that I did.

The back of the cover is a robust plastic which has very tiny ridges on it making it easy to grip, and unlikely to slip from your hands.

The front of the cover is a much softer plastic, but still with very tiny ridges to improve grip.

The inside of the cover has a very soft lining to protect the screen of the tablet when the cover is closed.

All in all I have no qualms about recommending this product to anyone with a Galaxy S 10.1 tablet. The cover is good value, but does not look cheap in anyway. (I was concerned about this as I prefer leather covers.) The design perfectly accomodates the camera and flash, and the jack for the headphones.

My only criticism is that if you close the cover completely, you are unable to charge the device, but for me this is not a dealbreaker.

Embraced By Darkness: Number 5 in series (Riley Jenson Guardian)
Embraced By Darkness: Number 5 in series (Riley Jenson Guardian)
by Keri Arthur

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Series, 2 Sep 2007
I first discovered Keri Arthur in the bargain section of my local Asda. Finding it impossible to resist anything with a vaguely supernatural theme I purchased the book (the first in this series), not expecting much other than another wannabe Laurell K Hamilton.
However, I was very pleasantly surprised at the vivid characterisation and the placement of the main character of Riley, in a parallel modern-day Australia.
The author has successfully - through 5 books - interwoven fantastical elements, occasional strong violence and great sex with crime fighting.
I would strongly recommend this author to anyone, not least because she has exhibited genuine character growth and story arc across each of her books. Something which other series authors have failed to achieve.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 12.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fitting Finale, 24 July 2007
In my opinion, this is the best in the series apart from "Azkabhan".
I can imagine it being a difficult book for parents to read to their children as JK Rowling does not shy away from the fact that in a war people (and ideals) die.
That said, there are moments of real humour, and the character development is excellent. Go Neville!
Harry Potter is a genuinely brave, likeable, 'real' character.
I cried tears - both happy and sad - and all I'd say to the literary snobs who won't read 'kids books': they don't know what they're missing out on!

Skin Privilege
Skin Privilege
by Karin Slaughter

3.0 out of 5 stars A Betrayal of a Reader's Trust, 24 July 2007
This review is from: Skin Privilege (Hardcover)
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Grant County books from Karin Slaughter and looked forward to receiving the newest "Skin Privilege" with great enthusiasm.
Whilst this book is as well written as all her previous novels, I was discomforted by the increasingly bleak outlook for her main characters in particular Lena and Sara.
However, the reason for my dramatic title to this review is the ending of the book.
I will not spoil it for other readers, but it infuriated me. I see absolutely no reason for the book to end that way other than an author's desire to completely break away from a series.
The book probably deserves 4 stars for the quality of the writing, but since I wanted to give it just 1 star because of the ending, this is a more than fair compromise I feel!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2010 8:43 PM BST