Profile for Mrs. G. Bedford > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. Bedford

Mrs. G. Bedford "mummybee" (Hastings, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
See Inside Trains (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Trains (Usborne See Inside)
by Emily Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's Easter present, 2 May 2014
I won't buy Easter eggs for children. Adults have the choice! So I bought this book for my grandson and he absolutely loves it. He loves trains and his mum loves flap books, much better for her than sticker books! I will be buying him more of these flap books as he enjoys going through them with his parents, learning in the process.

Mepitel - 5cm x 7cm (x5)
Mepitel - 5cm x 7cm (x5)
Offered by Aidability
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant dressing for burns, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Mepitel - 5cm x 7cm (x5) (Misc.)
I burned my foot and A & E dressed it with Mepitel which didn't stick to the burn and allowed gunk to pass through and not sit on the wound. I then ordered the Mepitel from Amazon so I could continue using it as it is so good. The sheet could be left on for a week so I just changed the top dressing every day. Definitely rate this very highly.

Live in Sydney
Live in Sydney
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 14.91

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love it!, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Live in Sydney (Audio CD)
I have waited so many years for this Eurythmics tour to be released on DVD as I only had a video and the player upended years ago. In my opinion this was their best tour, the live version of Miracle of Love has never been bettered. I don't mind the fluffy bits either, I got used to them with the video and they are just part of the package and fussy bods can fast forward.

See Inside Castles (Usborne Flap Books)
See Inside Castles (Usborne Flap Books)
by Katie Daynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present that hit the spot, 19 Oct 2013
My grandson loves sitting at the computer with me selecting items for his birthday or Christmas. He saw this book and as he is a huge castle fan he asked me to put it on his list. I went one better and bought it for his birthday. He loves the pictures, having his mother read the book and lifting ther flaps together. A big hit.

LEGO Technic 42010: Off-Road Racer
LEGO Technic 42010: Off-Road Racer
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy grandson, 22 July 2013
I bought this Lego Technic set for my four year old grandson who is way past Lego for his age group. He loves helping his uncle put Technics sets together and spends ages racing this across my kitchen floor. If you trust your child not to put the little pieces in their mouths or leave bits laying around and they love a technical challenge this Lego will keep them amused for ages. My 35 year old son has kept all his Technics Lego as it is of such high quality and it has now found a new fan.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, brilliant cast., 22 July 2013
We watched this film a soon as it was released onto the Playstation store and both really enjoyed it so I decided to buy us a copy. We have already watched it for a second time and enjoyed it again. A stellar cast providing high quality viewing, with a bunch of cash-strapped retirees going from normal old UK to colourful vibrant busy India, not that the film has encouraged me to visit! Bill Nighy is always eminently watchable, Maggie Smith played a crotchety woman in need of a hip replacement and Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton. Celia Imrie and Ronald Pickup all make the whole film work. No bad language, colourful locations showing a believable non-sanitised India, a great script and hotel rooms that defy description.

LEGO City 7741: Police Helicopter
LEGO City 7741: Police Helicopter
Offered by Simply 4 U
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy grandson, 12 Mar 2013
I bought this set for my 4 year old grandson who has always enjoyed Lego. He may be just 4 but he can immerse himself in the sets for older children and get so much fun out of them. Lego may be expensive but it lasts - he plays with my son's Lego from over 20 years ago. Next step is Technics - all those tiny pieces!

Origin of Symmetry
Origin of Symmetry
Price: 5.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Origin of Symmetry (Audio CD)
I came late to Muse courtesy of my son who bought Black Holes and Revelations and didn't like it. Win win for me, didn't have to buy it and became a huge Muse fan as a result. This is a brilliant cd as far as I am concerned.

Absolution
Absolution
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Absolution (Audio CD)
Bought this cd as soon as I could, love it, love it. I will wear it out the rate I'm going.

Magnetic Shapes
Magnetic Shapes

3.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's choice, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Magnetic Shapes (Toy)
My grandson chose these as one of his birthday presents so being a doting grandmother I bought them for him. Crikey, they are expensive for what you get in the box. A biscuit tin with a limited number of coloured shapes, not even the same colour as on the front of the tin so naturally we couldn't make exactly the same picture. Wouldn't hurt them to put double the number of shapes inside, they can't be that expensive to make.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6