Profile for Barry no mates > Reviews

Content by Barry no mates

Barry no mates

Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome)
Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome)
by Mark Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoofin, 15 Mar 2014
Amy Love's review is spot on, a wonderfully inspirational book. Amy, with insight like that I'm sure that you'll find peace and contentment in this crazy world, sadly (for me and much less or not at all for you) not with me.

Back to the book, and more importantly me, it's spot on and that's what it was like. Very funny, but CTC is a funny place, albeit uncompromisingly and brutally so. 'Mark' captures it to a tee (how do you spell t in that context?) My only criticism is that I can black cat the drinking a bowl of washing up water story with a half hour leopard crawl to the training team tent to finish off the snotty dreggs of a dog's water bowl followed by a triumphant half hour crawl back, probably the only time I 'beat the system' at CTC. Wazza.

The place turns out the most amazing people you'll have the fortune (or misfortune, depending on context) to meet. I slipped through the net and it was an honour to have been a part of it. Mark captures the humour and humility that made it so, brilliantly.

Former Royals - read it. Future Royals - read it, but remember that the tortures (if it's still like that) are a tiny price to pay for the big beautiful world that awaits a trained rank. Royals families and loved ones - it will help you understand some of the odd ways of that strange fella sat in the corner of the room and might shed some light on why he would sooner die than let anything bad happen to you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:03 AM BST