Profile for Charlie's Good Tonight > Reviews

Content by Charlie's Good...

Charlie's Good Tonight

Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live Deluxe Edition [Book+DVD+Br+2cd] [2013] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Rolling Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars Went to the gig, saw the film, wept both times, 7 Nov. 2013
I was fortunate enough to go to the Hyde Park gig with my 19 year-old daughter, Flower, but didn't hear much of the first song because she kept saying: "I can't believe it! I can't believe it!" I couldn't believe it either. I have seen The Stones play so shoddily over the years but we all knew their hearts were really in this one. Weren't we privileged to have been there? Well I saw the film in a cinema here in France a couple of days ago and I can honestly say 'Rush out and buy it!'
Not just because they were playing like they really, genuinely, wanted to say, 'Thank You', to paraphrase Jagger, and not because Mick Taylor joined the family once again, nor because it was a beautiful day ... this is also a hell of a good film. The Stones are now clearly saying "Film us warts and all! We're old, we're still alive, and we're happy you are all too!" The footage of fans was beautifully placed and lovingly filmed, the editing is sublime and the interviews - especially Uncle Charlie - are heart-warming.
At the end of the film the packed cinema burst into applause but the lights came up too soon - they make grown men, women ... and their kids cry with joy and relief. They did it! They bloody well did it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2013 8:56 PM GMT