Profile for Nigel > Reviews

Content by Nigel

Nigel (Sandbach, United Kingdom)

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
by Malala Yousafzai
Price: 17.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 30 May 2014
As a father of three daughters who have free and open access to education, this really made me appreciate what my children have. I am now much more aware of the importance of education for all children. Bought this copy for my mum after Id listened to the audio version.

Sennheiser MM450-X Travel Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones with Kindle Compatibility
Price: 199.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of Blutooth headphones, 30 May 2014
Love them. Had a pair of Bose QC3's before. Got these because Id worn the QC3's four days per week for 2 years and they finally broke. Decided I wanted something wireless. Exactly what I expected.

Would be 5 stars if the battery lasted longer, or if it came with a spare battery (like the Bose QC3's did).

Also, if you've had a pair of QC3's in the past, these are a little tighter fitting, and the noise cancellation is not as good as the QC3's. But still a cracking set of headphones!

Love them.

Rethinking Enterprise Storage: A Hybrid Cloud Model
Rethinking Enterprise Storage: A Hybrid Cloud Model
by Marc Farley
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little book and up to date, 30 May 2014
DISCLAIMER: I know Marc and Martin.

Just what I'd expect from these guys. Short sharp and straight to the point.

100% Genuine Apple MD818ZM/A Sync & Charger USB Data Cable For Apple iPhone 5 / 5C / 5S /iPad Mini /iPad 4 / iPad Air / iPod Nano 7G / iPod Touch 5G
Offered by gsm4u
Price: 6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 30 May 2014
Arrived on time, in perfect condition, and works as expected. Looks exactly like the one I got with my iPad 2 It's a cable. What more can I say.

Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Price: 38.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product. If I could give 0 stars, I would!, 30 May 2014
Keeps losing connection the internet (remains connected to the WLAN but stops being able to get to the internet).

I've been on the Netgear forms and this is a known issue that LOTS of people are experiencing. Netgear has not commented on the forums and has not produced a fix.

I have to go through the setup process at least once a day. Abysmal!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 3:53 PM BST

VMware vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS Technical deepdive
VMware vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS Technical deepdive
by Duncan Epping
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch book - highly recommended, 23 April 2011
Firstly, I'm an infrastructure architect with a focus on storage, and I like technical material. I've no time for marketing and I don't care for material that contains inaccuracies and waffle.

With that in mind, this is a great book and I recommend it to anyone needing to understand VMware HA and DRS.

The chapters are very short and sharp, making it easy to read. I'm a big reader of technical books and short sharp chapters like these make it easy for me to pick up any time I only have minutes free and cover one or two chapters.

I've just finished skim reading it cover to cover and didn't notice any mistakes - which is quite strange. Mistakes annoy me, and fortunately this book didn't have any that jumped out at me, so top marks there.

My only gripe with this book is that it only covers the topics of HA and DRS - but I can't really complain as it is in the title ;-) However, I did speak with the authors and tried to encourage them to compile a more comprehensive work, but sadly such a task is huge (which I appreciate). Shame, as I've enjoyed this work so much that if they came to market with anything else I'd definitely buy.