Profile for Sytri > Reviews

Wish Upon A Blackstar
Wish Upon A Blackstar
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Celldweller is Celldweller, don't compare him with anyone else., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Wish Upon A Blackstar (Audio CD)
Klayton has done a fantastic job moulding together Dubstep, Metal, Drum and Bass into a really impressive futuristic sound. He knows how to construct his tracks and vary the sounds on the album. Unshakeable is probably my favourite track on the album and I recommend this album to anyone who likes that track. I urge everyone to check it out and give him a go.

Blue Stahli
Blue Stahli
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, strongly recommend it., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Blue Stahli (Audio CD)
I discovered Blue Stahli shortly after I discovered Celldweller. The tracks are well constructed and the production on the album is good (just like Celldweller's albums are). If you want something that mixes sounds from the electronic dance genres (eg trance) with rock/metal, this album is perfect. The tracks are varied, from the more raw sounding and aggressive Scrape, and the heavy Give Me Everything You've Got, to something more mellow and emotional like Throw Away. Good car music too, gets me pumped!

Rocksmith- includes Real Tone Cable (PC DVD)
Rocksmith- includes Real Tone Cable (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, despite having a few bugs!, 27 Dec 2012
I enjoyed Guitar Hero as a game for many years, I also have enjoyed playing guitar for even longer (started when I was 8, I am 20 now). This game has certainly improved some of my techniques and has made practicing scales fun, even if it doesn't always pick up a couple of notes. I downloaded Redneck by Lamb of God (a song I already knew how to play, but not perfectly) and the focus on the screen as opposed to what I was doing helped me to pick things up quicker!

I recommend this game to people who are just starting out and guitar veterans.

Mechanical Animals
Mechanical Animals
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had this album for years, for some reason my copy of Coma White wasn't copying up so I bought it again!, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mechanical Animals (Audio CD)
Fantastic Manson album, makes a few good statements and the tracks are very easy to listen to. It differs nicely from Antichrist Superstar and shows another side of the man.

King James Bible: 400th Anniversary edition of the book that changed the world
King James Bible: 400th Anniversary edition of the book that changed the world
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written in the beginning, huge claims without evidence, 27 Dec 2012
How this book could inspire people to let go of their critical thinking and kill people who do not like it is beyond me

Coma White (Album Version (Explicit))
Coma White (Album Version (Explicit))
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best tracks on the album, 27 Dec 2012
A classic Manson song, everyone should hear it if they are a Manson fan. I am just going to type a few more words so I can submit this review....

The Industrialist [Limited Digipack]
The Industrialist [Limited Digipack]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 14.66

4.0 out of 5 stars If you liked Mechanize, this is an album for you, 27 Dec 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed The Industrialist. As an album, it pretty much carries on the sound that was presented in Mechanize. If I were to put them side by side complete albums, I would say The Industrialist is superior as it has more decent tracks, where Mechanize had a few forgettable ones.

If I were to criticise the album, I would say it doesn't present anything new as such, but if you like Fear Factory's sound, you will enjoy it. I myself have always liked their sound, so it's certainly enjoyable for me!

Overall, if you like Fear Factory, you will like The Industrialist. I gave it 4 stars as opposed to 5 just because there will be people out there who want them to experiment a bit.

Epicloud
Epicloud
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic and Loud, but is it good?, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
I discovered Devin's work as a solo artist last year. I had heard a few tracks from Strapping Young Lad before and after rediscovering them, I bought The New Black. I then proceeded to listen to The Devin Townsend Project (as they were on the lineup for Download and the name was familiar). Over time I collected Deconstruction, Addiction, Ziltoid The Omniscient, Ki, Ocean Machine, Ghost and Epicloud. So I have missed out a few albums in the middle, but I have heard quite a few songs from them. I also ended up seeing Devin live at Download (good ol' day tickets!)

Now the review.

Epicloud starts out with Effervescent, a nice Acapella intro that fits Devin's objective of a powerful sounding album. This rolls seamlessly into True North, which starts out with soft female vocals and then Devin brings the power. Lucky Animals follows True North, a track which was released as a fun taster before the album was released. Liberation has a nice rolling pace. A soft song comes next with Where We Belong and so on. (I'm not going to go through every single track as I don't feel I have to)

Overall as an album, I find Epicloud to be good. That's right good, not amazing, not special, just good. I feel Devin succeeded in his mission to create an epic and loud album, but I find I do not get the same "THIS IS SOMETHING SPECIAL" feeling that I get from past albums. It feels a bit cold to me, the brain is there, but the soul isn't. There are a couple of tracks I enjoy (for example, Lucky Animals), but there are quite a few "meh" ones as well. I certainly applaud the fact that he re-recorded Kingdom.

Four stars in all, simply because Devin is a very clever artist and the album is not terribly written, it just didn't touch me in that special place I was hoping it would (which could just be a personal thing)

Devils In My Details
Devils In My Details
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very different from their previous albums (Welt and Sunnypsyop), 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Devils In My Details (Audio CD)
This album is very different to the other Ohgr albums, it's definitely a lot more experimental, however, it is rather enjoyable if you listen to it all the way through. There's a couple of tracks you can listen to on their own (the more musical ones) however this album is much better if listened from start to finish. I quite liked Bill Moseley's poetry as well. This album is a must for anyone who is a fan of Ohgr and a fan of Skinny Puppy.

Favourite track is Timebomb

Burning Bridges
Burning Bridges
Offered by Top End Distribution
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Album!, 18 Jun 2009
This review is from: Burning Bridges (Audio CD)
I have listened to all of Arch Enemys work, the Johan Liva and Angela Gossow albums. For those who are into the songs with Angela Gossow on vocals, I erge you to buy this album as it is the best introduction into Johan Liva songs. Im not going to say whether its better or worse as I believe it is just a matter of opinion, I like all of their stuff and personally don't want to compare.