Profile for Dm Allen > Reviews

Content by Dm Allen

Dm Allen "DMA" (Netherlands)

Under Foot (Outside Context Problem Book 2)
Under Foot (Outside Context Problem Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars I do like Christopher Nuttals books, 25 Aug. 2014
I do like Christopher Nuttals books. he does churn them out rapidly and is a good writer. The speed at which he produces them, does lend for some minor grammatical and spelling errors but if you can overlook these, the story lines are good. This book was the long haul, the second in the series and it was pretty depressing (and I guess was meant to be). Its how humankind is now deep under the alien invasion and struggling to cope. The worst of mankind's behaviour comes to the fore in this one and is exploited by the aliens.

A good read, I couldn't wait for the 3rd and final section, which is more upbeat.

Ginger
Ginger
by Charlotte Voake

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Children's Book, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ginger (Paperback)
We were given this book for our children when they were very young as we have a Ginger cat. My kids are now 12 and (nearly) 10 and still love it. Its a fabulous book and children from infants upwards will love it dearly. We lost our original ginger cat, Jack, after 20 years, and my children say that this book reminds them of him and the great times they had with him. Its that rarest of things , a truly wonderful children's book.

Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Halo 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
just awsome. I love it, my son loves it and its great to play. Many lost hours over Christmas! Fab.

A Prelude to the Vampire Apocalypse
A Prelude to the Vampire Apocalypse

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Short, 12 Jan. 2013
A good prelude but far too short. All right it has the first book included but if you have already read and bought that previousley that's of no use.

The story itself is good but does not really tell you anything about the Vampires, origins, where they come from, how or why.

The Human Experiment
The Human Experiment

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 16 Mar. 2012
I enjoyed this yarn, it was good fun. Not particularly challenging but a good airport yarn to pass the time whilst you wait.

Enjoyed it!

The Afternet
The Afternet

3.0 out of 5 stars Afternet - interesting but unsatisfying, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Afternet (Kindle Edition)
An interesting premise, but one that dragged on a bit too long. The story did get better when it reached the living earth and moved out of Heaven. Not a bad read in an airport with nothing else to do, but ultimately a bit silly and unsatisfying.