ARRAY(0xaa211dec)

Profile for Richard Montagu > Reviews

Content by Richard Montagu

Richard Montagu "Greybeard" (Glastonbury, Somerset, UK)

Tucano MultitaSking Nylon Slim Case for 13 inch MacBook Pro and iPad 3 - Black
Tucano MultitaSking Nylon Slim Case for 13 inch MacBook Pro and iPad 3 - Black
Price: 36.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one, 24 Oct 2012
This bag is well made and effectively padded - I managed to drop it onto a wood block floor with my MacBook in it and the computer suffered no damage. It is stylish in a minimalistic way and will take an iPad as well as the MacBook. There is also space for pens, USBs, etc. I would recommend this case for anyone who wants to carry their machine(s) with the minimum of fuss and baggage.

Victorinox Swiss Army Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap V.25968.CB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch at a reasonable price, 24 Oct 2012
I have had this watch for three weeks and I am very pleased with it. It keeps perfect time, not having lost or gained anything during this time. The strap is comfortable and it is not over-large for a man's watch (I have fairly thin wrists), so it is fine and looks good on me. The dial and date are clear to read, although the date does not have a magnifier over it, I have no problem in reading it. The watch does not claim to be luminous and it is not, but could be mistaken for being so from the picture. Overall, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend it. After all, what do you need from a watch, but to keep accurate time, be comfortable to wear and look good. It may not be a status symbol, but what do you want for the price?

Where to Watch Birds in World Cities: The Essential Guide to Finding Birds in the Major Cities of the World
by Paul Milne
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the birding traveller, 3 Jan 2010
For the birding traveller, with little time to experiment, this book is a must. You won't see all the birds listed, but it will give you a good guide. I have used it in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and found it invaluable. I expect it to work as well when I visit for Hong Kong later this year. Not only does it give a good indication as to what you may see at each location listed, but it also tells you how to get there by bus, train, etc. Highly recommended.

Birds of Peninsular Malaysis and Singapore (Photographic Guide to...)
Birds of Peninsular Malaysis and Singapore (Photographic Guide to...)
by G. W. H. Davison

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 3 Jan 2010
OK for someone who just wants an idea of what the more common birds are in Malaysia, but definitely not for anyone who is really interested in the birdlife of the region. There are better books available for the serious birder, e.g. Birds of South-East Asia by Craig Robson

Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor
Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, shame about the set-up, 3 Jan 2010
Having read the Which? review of this product I felt it was just what I needed to take control of my electricity usage. It has done this and helped me to realise what are the heavy burners and how easy it is to save pounds by getting in the habit of turning a few lights out! The only problem I had with this product was setting it up. The instructions are useless, because if you do not follow exactly the right procedure it does not work. I e-mailed the manufacturer and was sent a more detailed set of instructions, which allowed me to get it going. The lack of proper instructions is the only reason I am only giving it 4 stars. Get it, don't give up and e-mail OWL if you can't get it working. If enough people do this perhaps they will put the additional instructions in the box.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecologic 1, 4 Jan 2009
I needed a small DAB radio with good reception and output and this is just what I've got. It provides excellent coverage with virtually no aerial extension where we live in Somerset and has performed equally well on a caravan site in south Devon. Simple to use and does most of the hard work for you. I like the idea of using rechargeable batteries and having them recharged, in situ, by just using the mains transformer from time to time. What would I have liked - an alarm function, but I knew it didn't have it, so this is just me being greedy. For anyone lookling for a small, portable DAB radio with great performance, look no further.Roberts Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Radio with built-in AA charger