Profile for Roslyn Findlay > Reviews

Content by Roslyn Findlay

Roslyn Findlay "MedReader" (Turkey)

Page: 1 | 2
SCIENTIFIC BIRD ILLUSTRATION FINCH TANAGRA DARWIN NEW FINE ART PRINT POSTER PICTURE 30x40 CMS CC4236
Offered by FireWorkk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good colours and excellent quality heavy paper, 18 May 2016
Very well printed. Good colours and excellent quality heavy paper. For the price, it's a very good buy. The packaging was excellent and the print arrived in perfect condition. Delighted.

Square Oak Pot Tamper
Square Oak Pot Tamper
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made product, 18 May 2016
This review is from: Square Oak Pot Tamper
An excellent pot tamper. Very smooth and ideal size for seed trays or small pots. Very sturdy and well made. Good value for money.

Rolson 82615 Stainless Steel Dibber
Rolson 82615 Stainless Steel Dibber

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully made dibber, 9 May 2016
A beautifully made dibber. Not the cheapest but certainly the best I've come across. Very well balanced and fits perfectly in the hand. The wooden handle is wonderfully smooth.

An Acre Of The Dordogne
An Acre Of The Dordogne

1.0 out of 5 stars A truly awful book, 27 Jan. 2014
I was hoping for a well written book about life in rural france. Instead I found a very badly written diatribe full of bitterness about a failed marriage. This man has no self awareness and is incapable of telling a story. The narrative is rambling and disjointed. Nothing of interest happens to him.and yet he is utterly self obsessed and we are treated to endless comments about how terrible his wife is. At the end of the book he apologises to his three sons for failing them, he should apologise to his readers too for he has most certainly failed them. Please don't write another

The Long and Whining Road
The Long and Whining Road

5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh out loud account, 3 Nov. 2013
I am usually reluctant to read the type of travel book which features the author and a bicycle or a donkey or a sofa as they always seem to miss the entire point of travelling, to have wonderful experiences and open up the mind.

But this book, despite featuring a VW camper van is a joy to read. The story of a family's of five, travelling the world is enlightening, very well written and poignant.

There were many times when I laughed out loud, and others when I shared the authors frustrations and exasperation.

I have enjoyed reading about this wonderfully adventurous family, despite the title, they are not given to whining but are amazingly upbeat and optimistic. . Thoroughly recommend this, it would make. A great Christmas present.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 11 Aug. 2013
I am always sceptical about the claims many of the so- called miracle products make but Nailtiques really is quite amazing. I have NEVER been able to grow my nails. I have tried so many strengthening products in the past and was always disappointed. My nails split, flake and break very easily.

After just three Days of using Nailtiques I noticed a huge difference. My nails were much stronger and had started to grow. Now after a month of use I have the nails I always dreamt of. They are long, strong and healthy. The bottle is small but even after a month of regular use it is still more than three quarters full so it's good value for money. I recommended this 100% to anyone who longs for strong, healthy nails. It really does work miracles.

Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1)
Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Want a good read? Don't buy this., 8 July 2013
What a disappointment. Poorly written, unbelievable plot and weak characterisation.this book was stilted and I found none of the characters sufficiently interesting to care what happened to any of them.

Taking Control Of Anxiety
Taking Control Of Anxiety

3.0 out of 5 stars Taking Control of Anxiety, 7 April 2013
Useful explanations and techniques which will reassure many anxiety sufferers, but similar to many other books on the market. Written in a very simple clear style.

One, Two ... He is coming for you (Rebekka Franck, Book 1)
One, Two ... He is coming for you (Rebekka Franck, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, predictable and banal., 24 Jan. 2013
The author is billed as a 'best selling writer', she must have a very imaginative publicist. I bought this book because I am a great fan of Scandinavian crime fiction and admire the subtle plotting, elegant use of language and stunning imagery found in so many of the books of this genre.

I have probably read over 100 books by various Scandinavian writers and until now, despite huge differences in style, had never come across an absolute cud.

This was such a disappointment. The language is stilted and the grammar is appalling. It is littered with mistakes which should have been picked up by any half awake editor. There are so many ridiculous mistakes that I found myself concentrating on these, not on the plot.

The plot is a rehash of dozens of third rate thrillers story lines. It didn't grip me for a moment and was so predictable that I even began to wonder if I had read it before.

I didn't bother finishing it. Because the author had not drawn me into the story in any way, I had no interest in knowing what happened to any of the characters.

There is so much good Scandinavian crime writing available it seems a great shame that someone might read this as their first foray into Scandinavian fiction and be put off or life.

Old Flames (Inspector Troy series Book 2)
Old Flames (Inspector Troy series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars John Lawton does it again, 2 Nov. 2012
I am not sure that I have read the John Lawton novels in the correct order but since coming across him in a kindle special offer, I have eagerly read each book. These are fast paced, superbly well written thrillers, set in the period immediately before, during and after WW2 .

His particular talent lies in creating such believable and exciting fiction by interweaving real figures of the day with his own extraordinary cast of characters. Using the known political events and intrigues of the day as background for the drama which unfolds in each novel, he produces plots which hold the attention from first to last page.

I recommend these novels to anyone who wants not just a good read but a book which will intellectually challenge and stimulate as well.

Page: 1 | 2