Profile for diggerlady > Reviews

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
by Henry Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 April 2014
A wonderful and sometimes distressing look into the life of a truly gifted man, Henry Marsh tells it like it is.. warts and all. He explains in easy to understand language the process of treating various different brain disorders and recounts with touching honesty some of his successes and also his failures. He reveals the joys, the fears and often the frustration that his career within the N.H.S. has brought him and he does all of this with humour and humility.
I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in neurosurgery and the workings of the human brain whether they are from a medical background or not. My own reasons for reading this book? well they come in the form of my husband and my brother, who have both been successfully treated by Mr Marsh, to whom I will be eternally grateful.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Alli weight lose aide, 27 Jun 2010
First let me say that if you use the product correctly it works!!!

I decided that I had to address my weight issues as I have developed numerous health problems due to my weight including diabetes and high blood pressure. Having read the reviews and advice on here I decided to order these tablets. They took a week to arrive after I had replied to the questionaire. During that time I reduced my calorie and fat intake as advised. My weight the day I started taking the tablets was 17.11 lbs (shocking) and my BMI was 38.6. I have now been taking them for 2 weeks and I have lost 9 lbs and my BMI has reduced to 37.4 and I'm very pleased. So far in total I have lost 13lbs.

With regards to the 'side effects' I have had a little more wind that usual but nothing dramatic and one episode of oily stools following a chilli lol apart from that no problems.

Please don't think you can just pop a pill and the weight will magically fall off over night...IT WON'T!!! you have to change your eating habits, stick to the guidelines, eat sensibly and persevere. If you do then these tablets can help you achieve results faster.

Good luck with your weight loss!!!!!