Profile for Shay > Reviews

Element: Yoga For Beginners [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos
Price: 7.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Beginners... No!, 18 May 2012
I did this work out and it is good if you just want to pick specific things to do for your practice like backbends, sun salutations etc but I did the whole 50 minutes and I had to take a few breaks. This claims to be for beginners but it isn't some of the positions are hard and that was the points where I had to take breaks. I have bought her other dvd (Element: AM & PM Yoga [DVD]) which is a bit easier that this one.

It's good if you've been doing practice for a while but no good for the complete beginner.

Element: AM & PM Yoga [DVD]
Element: AM & PM Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elena Brower
Price: 7.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but a little more than just beginners, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Element: AM & PM Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
Even though this is for beginners, I feel that its made for the beginner who has done a few poses and routines beforehand. Unless you watch before you practice or have done some of the poses you'll struggle a little. And there were times I have struggled with this one. But as she says 'be patient with yourself', which is very true.

The AM Yoga is very vigorous, a lot of Downward Facing Dog, and stretches in places I didn't know that could stretch but it does feel good to do in the morning with the sleep still in your eyes. Its 40 minutes rather than 30 but it doesn't make a difference.

The PM Yoga is a lot more gentle, with deeper breathing and gentle stretches. This one is 30 minutes (28 something). Its more for relaxing your mind and body for bed. As another reviewer said brush your teeth before starting, I also recommend getting into night clothes too so you can just fall into bed relaxed.

I do recommend this DVD though. The music is relaxing, she does a voice over rather than talk to you and she explains what to do which is why I didn't really look at the screen most of the time. Excellent.

Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 8 Dec 2011
This dvd is very good for getting the basics of Yoga together. You learn each pose in a clear way and the instructor, Sara Ivanhoe, does this. It does go a little slow and the intermediate sequence in the bonus section is a little fast but its there nonetheless if you want a challenge. I've used it about 4 maybe 5 times now and from that I have created my own routine because after a while getting the explanations is tiring and annoying over 50 minutes. As much as other reviewers say this is too basic, its only that basic because it gives the foundation to move on to another dvd or classes and so you can practice each pose for your own self.

I bought Element: AM & PM Yoga [DVD] now which has a clear routine for the morning and one for the evening after a busy day. That's one I would recommend if you wish to move on from this.

Overall good dvd with variations for those who are not so flexible. I would recommend if you want an in depth, clear way how to do Yoga poses, breathing and to ease yourself for some of the poses that require flexibility.

The Answer Is Simple Oracle Cards
The Answer Is Simple Oracle Cards
by Sonia Choquette
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Jun 2011
I saw these cards in a shop before purchasing on Amazon and I really love these cards. They are something that you just pick one a day and just see what the message is, some of them are reassuring, life changing and sometimes gives a telling off to your ego.

They are beautifully designed (pictures in product gallery) and when I showed them to a friend she fell in love with them also and has bought them too.

Nice cards and I recommend a purchase.

You Can Change Your Life: And Create Your Own Destiny
You Can Change Your Life: And Create Your Own Destiny
by Russell Grant

2.0 out of 5 stars Borderline, 28 April 2011
This is more of a reference book from his video horoscopes and to be quite fair I don't think it's even worth the money to be honest. I bought it thinking it would be of some use but it really isn't to me anyway. I prefer doing my tarot and oracle readings at least I know what I'll be getting rather than look at astrology stuffed into some useless book. Sorry Russell Grant, I think your a great astrologer but this book is a waste of time.

Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions
by T. J MacGregor
Price: 8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2011
Good book to buy if you're looking for one on tarot cards.

All the cards are put into different sections like work, romance etc to be specific to the question or reading you are doing. There are well over 100 spreads in this book and there are some spreads I have never seen before. I've learnt more from the cards in the last 10 hours of having the book than I ever have. Although I am ordering the The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads (Godsfield Bible Series) as well to compliment this one just so I have another interpretation.

Good book, I recommend you buy it. It's worth every penny.

Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
by Pamela Smith
Price: 14.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 28 April 2011
Delighted with the product. I'm glad I got these ones instead of the original deck because after seeing them in the shop they looked so dull compared to these. The colours are fantastic and it helps a lot more now with my readings as I am able to pick up on the mood of the cards from first glance. I recommend.

The Truth-Seeker's Tarot: Oracle Cards of Insight, Clarity, and Wisdom [With Book]
by David Fontana

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 26 April 2011
I bought these and I have used them already. I like the design on these cards! All of the cards have gold motif, which I have noticed is on the back of some of the cards but it's cosmetic and doesn't matter to me at all. The cards are clearly illustrated and are useful if your looking for your first deck or another to add to your collection. I fell in love with them at first sight so that's telling me that this is a deck for me. I have others but they don't do much for me, in terms of connection. The major cards are illustrated in reflection to the Raider Waite but are a few alternatives like on The Lovers and Temperance but is still readable. The minor cards are completely different and does not reflect the Raider Waite but the author has combined his own meanings, albeit negative in quite a few.

I have done 2 readings with them and I found them to be surprisingly accurate already. The book that accompanies these cards is completely different from the books that are with the 2 decks I have already. It focuses on both the positives and negatives, instead of separating them, and then asks you a question of the card. It really gets you to think about your own behaviour, others and how the card can be incorporated into your life. Although I do not like the interpretation of the Queen of Swords as a manipulative woman instead of being a woman who knows her mind but can be manipulative. I found the court cards, barring the Princesses, not Pages in this deck, focus on the negative instead of the positive. But buying another book, like The Tarot Bible which is extremely good, can incorporate another meaning to the cards.

The book only has 3 spreads. The Celtic Cross is a watered down version, from being 11, including signficator, to 7, including significator, which I suppose if you're like me preference to smaller spreads than larger spreads makes the Celtic Cross a lot better. There is also another focus from it being about past, future etc to what can help with the question and how including things from the card can result in a positive to your question.

Overall, there's the mix of positives and negatives with the cards and product but I found it to be a good buy. I recommend it to anyone.

Tarot
Tarot
by Sasha Fenton
Price: 6.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for first timers, 23 April 2011
This review is from: Tarot (Hardcover)
I bought this as my first set of tarot cards and I like the cards, their illustrations and the definitions in the book. But, as there always is, the cards are thin and cheap looking. I didn't use them as often for a while because the back of them became ripped or the layers started showing (I know which card is The Sun already). It is good for a first timer or for someone who doesn't use the cards often. I would recommend that if you plan on using them often then but another deck that is of better quality.

The Art of Tarot - Box Set -INC  78 Tarot cards +64 page Booklet
The Art of Tarot - Box Set -INC 78 Tarot cards +64 page Booklet
by Liz Dean
Price: 10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 23 April 2011
I bought these cards from another retailer because I wanted another set of cards. I found these to be beautifully illustrated, very nice to look at and thick so the dog eared look is less likely. They are a little on the big side for someone like me who has small hands as I have dropped them a few times.

Although I have to say that The Devil, Death, The High Priestess and Chariot don't really look like how they should and doesn't really give anything away as to what the card means. It is also the same the numbered minor cards too. The meanings of the cards are different than what I have found on the net and other books but also at the same time are brief. I do like that on the major cards it has bullet points of each so there is an overview. It would have been better if there was more detail. But I suspect that these cards would suit someone who has been reading tarot for a long time compared to a novice who may get lost in the lack of detail to each card.

It is a good buy and they are nice cards but don't rely on the book's meaning, find your own and make your own.

The book has a few sample readings to try out like a 7 day spread or year ahead spread which I have found to be quite a nice add to spreads I know already.

Page: 1 | 2