Profile for Single Mind > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Robust, 21 May 2014
This is a super pencil, I wanted something to replace an earlier "button" pencil I lost and I searched extensively for a it. I found some very helpful reviews on Amazon, which assisted my decision. I agree with one commentator that the only drawback is the sharp point which is present even when the lead is retracted. However, I can live with that as the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. A great pencil.

Libya: Murder in Benghazi and the Fall of Gaddafi (Guardian Shorts)
Libya: Murder in Benghazi and the Fall of Gaddafi (Guardian Shorts)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 May 2014
This was not really an analysis of the Libya tragedy but more of a collection of newspaper articles. I was really disappointed as I expected more. There was an inadequate discussion of the key questions: (a) what was the actual legal authority for the allied attacks? (b) Were the UN SCRs properly obtained or did the SC artificially stretch the wording of article 39 of the UN Charter to justify what they did? (c) Did it lead inexorably to the death of the so-called doctrine of Responsibility to Protect? (d) What justice should there be for the murders of Gaddafi and his son, as these were war crimes? (e) Was the destruction of Sirte by NATO a war crime? (f) Was genocide carried out against the Tawerghans? And so on. It failed to look impartially at the actions of both sides. Since the campaign, we are left wondering if the law of unintended consequences has once more manifested itself.

Beds Are Burning (Remastered)
Beds Are Burning (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, 21 May 2014
I had this song going round my head and couldn't think of the performers. Then, as luck would have it, I heard it played on radio 2 and immediately went to look for it on Amazon.

Gimme Shelter
Gimme Shelter

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Gimme Shelter (MP3 Download)
One of the best songs of all time. The lead guitars are just amazing. It's hard to believe that the Stones have been rocking for about 50 years!

Sunny Side Up
Sunny Side Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Sunny Side Up (MP3 Download)
A great performer with a fantastic voice and some outstanding songs. I can't stop listening to it. Well done Paolo!

PowerGen PGMPP6000 External Battery Pack High Capacity 6000mAh Power Bank Charger Dual USB output (w/imbedded Micro USB) for Apple iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable NOT included) iPhone 4s 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch, iPad 2 3/ HTC sensation, XE, XL, One X S V, Thunderbolt, Inspire 4G , EVO 3D, EVO 4G, Desire S Z HD / Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 S 2 II ACE Mini, S Advance, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 / Motorola: Atrix 2, Droid 3 X X2 Razr Bionic, Triumph - BLACK
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says, 21 May 2014
This is an incredibly useful item which has the capacity to fully charge an iphone 5, Bearing in mind how power-hungry they are, having a backup power source is a must.

I was very impressed at the speed of delivery. Packing is first calls

Ratcatcher (John Purkiss Spy Mystery Thriller Series Book 1)
Ratcatcher (John Purkiss Spy Mystery Thriller Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, pacey spy story, 8 Dec 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it difficult to put down. It is exceptionally well written and quickly draws the reader into the action - and there is plenty of it.

SAS JUSTICE! SPECIAL FORCES VENDETTA (1)
SAS JUSTICE! SPECIAL FORCES VENDETTA (1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending, 15 Oct 2013
The story built up nicely but then just fizzled out. The hero did not solve the "crimes". He was quite ineffective.

LinkedIn
LinkedIn

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but limited, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: LinkedIn (App)
I did not think the functions were as detailed as I need, as I run a group and want the ability to manage it. As far as I could tell (and I did try) this could not be done fro this app.

All the same, useful for keeping track while on the move although, with a Kindle Fire (which I have installed this on) I prefer to obtain the full functionality by accessing LinkedIn through the website.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 Original Soundtrack [Explicit]
Kill Bill Vol. 2 Original Soundtrack [Explicit]

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Nov 2012
Outside the context of the film, the music is in the main uninspiring. Two or three tracks stand out as exceptional, but £5.99 is a lot to pay for them. Tracks are not available for individual download (or weren't when I made my purchase last week).

All in all, unless you are desperate for the flamenco tracks, my advice is "don't bother" with this. Wait until tracks are available for individual download.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3