Profile for James Bonn > Reviews

James Bonn

Samsung Galaxy S5 black 16GB
Samsung Galaxy S5 black 16GB
Offered by EAGLE UK STORE

1.0 out of 5 stars ****************BUYER ALERT - Samsung GS5 bought from Amazon is NOT covered by Samsung UK warranty*******, 27 Jun. 2015
****************BUYER ALERT *******************
I bought this item from Amazon UK fulfilled by WOWCAMERA on 07/11/2015.
The phone developed intermitted fault from day one,but I didn't notice initially due to my low usage.
For example it you have to dial the number twice before it connects (intermittently), SMS doesn't come through straight away, it can take up to a few minutes to a few hours. It was not until recently that it started to show "No mobile network" when I tried to dial a number that I realised there is a fault. I tried various suggestions from the internet e.g. replace the SIM, upgraded to Lollipop (didn't work) downgraded to Kitkat (still didn't work) reset to factory settings (didn't work). I contacted Samsung who replied "Phone sold on Amazon is not covered by Samsung UK warranty" What a rip off.

WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Windows
WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Windows
Offered by ecargo

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall as good as previous WD elements, 18 Aug. 2013
The drive works well so far (less than a week's use).
However I note previous reviewer mentioned that the transfer rate was below par averaging on 40-45mb/s.

I found the same with mine, this is well below USB3 specs. By chance I decided to swap the USB3 cable from my old 1TB WD element drive and the speed shot up to 80 - 90Mb/s.

Furthermore when I used the old cable on an older WD element drive (the one I swapped the USB cable with) and plugged it into my new Samsung LED tv, it should just pick up the USB drive, but in this instance, Samsung although detected the drive but no playback was possible.

My conclusion - the cable is sub standard. Amazon should alert customers to this. I'm reluctant to send the drive back as it now has my data on board, I loath to get another cable on ebay which cost between £5 - £10.

So beware.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 3:04 PM BST