Profile for Ms. S. McKenna > Reviews

You Don't Know The Half Of It
You Don't Know The Half Of It
Offered by Base

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 3 Nov. 2009
Loved it. Saw them live and now can't get enough of them. First four songs are my favourites.

The Almost Moon
The Almost Moon
by Alice Sebold

1.0 out of 5 stars Sick, 3 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Almost Moon (Paperback)
I bought this book as I really enjoyed lovely bones, which I thought tackled a horrible subject in a compassionate and thoughtful manner.

I could not even bear to finish this book and I'm usually quite stubborn about doing so. I found the sexual comments made by the main character about her mother appalling. They held no purpose in relation to the story line.

I would not recommend this book to anyone.

Songs of the Humpback Whale
Songs of the Humpback Whale
by Jodi Picoult

2.0 out of 5 stars Least fav book, 3 Nov. 2009
As an avid Jodi Picoult reader, I looked forward to reading this book. I usually love her books and can't put them down. I was deeply disappointed by this one. I found the characters difficult to relate to and therefore difficult to care about. I found the hospital scene disturbing without context or relevancy. I honestly wish I hadn't read this book as a result. The ending was in keeping with the rest of the book - flat, in comparison with her other books. I would not recomend this book to anyone.

Somebody Else's Kids
Somebody Else's Kids

4.0 out of 5 stars Somebody else's kids, 7 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Somebody Else's Kids (Paperback)
As with all of her books, I loved it. Heart warming whenever progress however small is made and heart breaking when none can be made.

Silent Boy: He Was a Frightened Boy Who Refused to Speak - Until a Teacher's Love Broke Through the Silence

4.0 out of 5 stars Silent Boy, 7 Nov. 2007
Thouroughly enjoyable, if not as hard hitting as her previous books. This may possible be due to the subject, it is easier the empathsise with childrens struggles than adults.

Beautiful Child
Beautiful Child
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing author, 30 Nov. 2006
Torey Hayden is a compassionate author, all of her books I have read so far are incredibly moving and in some cases horrific. She is able to approach extremely sensitve subjects in a readable manner and unlike alot of true accounts, gives the reader a sense of hope for the persons she is describing. Love all of them but for me One Child is still my favorite.