Profile for KenP > Reviews

Content by KenP

KenP (UK)

Miele S8340 Miele Eco Line Solution Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Miele S8340 Miele Eco Line Solution Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Foster Trading Ltd (HypedSports.com)

5.0 out of 5 stars The one to buy if you have carpet, 14 Jan 2014
I have had a Dyson upright for the last 15 years but was getting fed up with the noise and the problems with tools attaching and staying on.

My biggest worry was whether going from an upright machine to a cylinder was going to be the correct one, this machine was definitely the one to go for as it is much easier to get round and under furniture than with the upright. It is well made, quiet, the tools fit perfectly and also stay on.

The tools that come with machine are very good, especially the Turbo Brush which makes vacuuming carpet very easy.

The machine is amazingly quiet, I could even use it at night without waking the neighbors.

Suction power is brilliant, and I can't see why anyone would need the versions with the bigger motor as I haven't used the highest setting and with some of the tools you only need to use the lowest setting.

Bags seem to hold a lot of dust and aren't too expensive on here (always buy the originals) Miele Type GN Replacement Filter Bag for S2000 & S5000 Cylinder Series
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 8:52 AM GMT

Motorola DVX/XT1032 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Cheapest Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Top budget smartphone, 21 Dec 2013
Moto G 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black

I got this phone for my brother after his iPhone died when it got wet, and I have to say that it's excellent value for money. Very good screen, fast processor, good battery life and can even survive a good soaking if you look at some youtube videos. The only negative is that the camera is only average, but when you consider the price you can't expect it to compete with devices costing 2 or 3 times as much. It looks like this could be Motorola's UK comeback.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 12:32 PM GMT

The Jazz Age
The Jazz Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange but good, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Jazz Age (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure about this when I first heard it but the fact I must have played it about 15 times in 3 days means I now love it, with every listen revealing new details. I love Avalon, Love is the drug and This island earth, every track is interesting but sometimes you really have to listen to recognise them.

The album was recorded using vintage microphones so has a real authentic 20's sound, yes it could have been recorded using modern equipment and Mr Ferry could have added some vocals, but the fact it has been produced in the way it has makes it more interesting. It might not be your cup of tea but personally I think it's much better that an artist takes risks rather than play it safe all the time.

Ashes [Deluxe]
Ashes [Deluxe]

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing debut album, worth the wait, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Ashes [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
It was way back in November 2010 that my brother, sister and myself saw Kyla as a support act in Birmingham. Support acts can be a surprise (that's if people aren't rude enough to talk all the way through it), and Kyla was amazing, much better than the main act.

18 months is a long time to wait for an album and expectations can build so high that you end up disappointed with the final result, but I'm glad to say that this album is a stunner. Every track seems to be beautifully written and performed, it sometimes has a hint of Kate Bush or Florence in there which is no bad thing and gives you an idea of what this album sounds like.

Personal favourites on the album are To Be Torn, Vampire Smile, Heavy Stone and The River but it's difficult to pick stand out track when there isn't a duff track on here. Whether you're 21 (my brother) or 42 (me) this is an album for any age, have a listen to the mp3 previews and decide for yourself..

P.S. get the deluxe edition the extra 3 tracks are worth the extra outlay.

HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-one Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Wireless, e-Print)
HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-one Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Wireless, e-Print)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, 1 July 2012
After buying this I'm amazed how easy it was to set up, connected to my wifi easily (nice to have less wires) and the software was a breeze as well. Prints and scans look good and I've even managed to get it to print from my Android phone and tablet with the app. The printer does make a bit of noise but no worse than every other printer I've owned.

If anyone is thinking of getting this from a well known catalogue based retailer, they have 2 versions at the same price but the one comes with an extra retail pack of cartridges in the box which as you can see on here is quite a bonus.

New iPod nano  8GB (6th Generation) - Orange (discontinued by manufacturer)
New iPod nano 8GB (6th Generation) - Orange (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but with poor sound quality, 28 Nov 2010
I bought 16gb version of this because I thought the size would be great for carrying around, the trouble is the screen is probably a bit too small for easy touch control, but overall the device is well designed with a logical menu structure.

Now to the important bit and were it all starts to go wrong, try hooking this upto a decent pair of headphones and the sound quality really disapoints. The sound is flat with quite poor stereo seperation, in fact I was so dissapointed that I've put it on ebay and got a New Apple iPod touch 32GB (4th Generation) from Amazon. The touch absolutely blows the nano out of the water when it comes to sound quality, you can hear every detail and the music really comes to life.

In summary, this is OK if you need something small and aren't bothered about the sound quality.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2011 11:18 AM BST

New iPod nano  16GB (6th Generation) - Orange
New iPod nano 16GB (6th Generation) - Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but with poor sound quality, 28 Nov 2010
I bought this because I thought the size would be great for carrying around, the trouble is the screen is probably a bit too small for easy touch control, but overall the device is well designed with a logical menu structure.

Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 11:43 AM BST

Sony NWZA818 - 8GB Video MP3 Walkman - Upto 30hrs Battery Life - Black
Sony NWZA818 - 8GB Video MP3 Walkman - Upto 30hrs Battery Life - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like heaven, 24 Mar 2008
Before this player I have owned an Archos, Creative Zen and 2 iPods and have always used the same mp3 files and headphones with every player. So I think I can be unbiased in my opinion.

I was reasonably happy with my iPod the only reason I bought this was because I listened to a friends (different model) and was absolutely astounded by the sound quality. I didn't realise mp3 files could sound this good. I can't really comment on the supplied headphones because although I tried them briefly, they have the same problem as all in ear headphones which is as soon as you move you hear every bump as you walk.

The controls are really easy to use, apart from the hold switch being in a silly place on the back. The screen is very good and I like the way the clock flashes up every few seconds, and the battery seems to last forever.

The only downside is Sony don't really give you much help with video files, but I have found WM converter to be quite good at converting to mp4 format.

I haven't been very impressed with the way Windows Media Player works and have found MediaMonkey to be much better because you get a list of tick boxes to select which albums you want loaded on the player.

This player may not be perfect but in the important areas of ease of use and sound quality it just leaves everything else for dead.