Profile for Mark Twain > Reviews

Content by Mark Twain

Mark Twain "alexanderban" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Quickshine Water Softener
Quickshine Water Softener
Offered by Quickshine

4.0 out of 5 stars The Jury is out - May work, 31 July 2014
Hard to know if this works. Only time will tell or testing it with litmus paper or the like. However the filter in the top of the bottle was faulty and allowed crystals into our iron. The supplier sent me another one straightaway without hassle. Thank you

Item Rope Hanging Aluminum Lock Black Locking Carabiner
Item Rope Hanging Aluminum Lock Black Locking Carabiner
Offered by sourcingmap

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 31 July 2014
Not a good product. Works but I would not trust it to support a load. Disappointed.

New Soft Silicone Rubber Case Skin Sleeve Cover For Nokia Lumia 520 10 in 1 Mega Pack in BLACK,WHITE,PINK,RED,BLUE,BABY BLUE,ORANGE,GREEN,YELLOW,PURPLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent.... and what Value!, 31 July 2014
Excellent covers. Very resilient and will absorb the shock of a drop!

Maximum 1705 - Pole clamp, 50 mm, level - Galvanized steel - Warranty: 2Y
Maximum 1705 - Pole clamp, 50 mm, level - Galvanized steel - Warranty: 2Y
Offered by love Office Stuffs (VAT Reg.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Construction, 31 July 2014
Seems no-one keeps these in stock in the UK so it was sent from Denmark. So expense postage fee but a very good product.Does what you'd expect and is solidly made.

B-Tech BT7830 SYSTEM 2 Single Wall Mounting Bracket for 50mm Poles - Silver
B-Tech BT7830 SYSTEM 2 Single Wall Mounting Bracket for 50mm Poles - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 31 July 2014
Very solid. Gives confidence.

[ Apple MFI Certified ] Innowatt® 8 Pin Lightning to USB Sync Charger Data Cable Cord Data 3.3 ft / 1m for iPhone 5s / 5c / 5 iPad Air / Mini / Mini2 iPad 4th Generation iPod 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation Charging and Syncing Compatible with All iOS Version (1m+Yellow)
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars So far..... Excellent, 31 July 2014
Previous review clearly isn't for this exact product. This item is 1m long not 2m. However it seems to be of excellent construction. SIts flat on the desk, Feels solid. Comes in very good if not over engineered box complete with foam inserts! Highly recommend though have only owned it for about 2 hours so far!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2014 9:32 PM BST

Paint Runner Roller
Paint Runner Roller

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Paint Runner Roller (DIY & Tools)
My brother swears by this roller. I loathe it! It leaves an uneven finish and is very heavy to use. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

Canon PIXMA MG6250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Printer, 26 May 2014
I have been using this for 2 years now. All is good. Even the disc printing function works well 75% of the time. My main gripe however is that I only have a "first time" success rate at printing wirelessy from my Mac BookPro 50% of the time. I have wasted SO MUCH TIME trying to coax it into seeing the print command sent over my wifi network. I don't know if it is the Canon drivers which are at fault or if its a Mac issue. However, the Canon website is so appallingly difficult to use (drivers not clearly described etc) that Canon can't be blameless in this frustrating problem.
I'd like to blame it on my BT Internet router, but not sure if this is the reason for the failures, but it probably contributes to the problem I suspect.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 May 2014
This NEET product seems as well made as the APple products normally are. I see no reason to go for the over priced Apple version of this adaptor. It has now been working perfectly for a year!

Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)
Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend, 26 May 2014
I have spent many happy moments out in the dark spraying this stuff on the route that foxes take through our garden. I have observed their habits on night vision CCTV so know where they mark their territory.

However, I have seen no idications that they take any notice at all of this product. I have never observed them even sniffing it. They generally walk straight past without even giving it a second glance.

I have double checked my mixing practices, but to no avail. Maybe it's just our foxes that behave in this way?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4