Profile for Mark Twain > Reviews

Content by Mark Twain

Mark Twain "alexanderban" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Paint Runner Roller
Paint Runner Roller

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Paint Runner Roller (DIY & Tools)
My brother swears by this roller. I loathe it! It leaves an uneven finish and is very heavy to use. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

Canon PIXMA MG6250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Printer, 26 May 2014
I have been using this for 2 years now. All is good. Even the disc printing function works well 75% of the time. My main gripe however is that I only have a "first time" success rate at printing wirelessy from my Mac BookPro 50% of the time. I have wasted SO MUCH TIME trying to coax it into seeing the print command sent over my wifi network. I don't know if it is the Canon drivers which are at fault or if its a Mac issue. However, the Canon website is so appallingly difficult to use (drivers not clearly described etc) that Canon can't be blameless in this frustrating problem.
I'd like to blame it on my BT Internet router, but not sure if this is the reason for the failures, but it probably contributes to the problem I suspect.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 May 2014
This NEET product seems as well made as the APple products normally are. I see no reason to go for the over priced Apple version of this adaptor. It has now been working perfectly for a year!

Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)
Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend, 26 May 2014
I have spent many happy moments out in the dark spraying this stuff on the route that foxes take through our garden. I have observed their habits on night vision CCTV so know where they mark their territory.

However, I have seen no idications that they take any notice at all of this product. I have never observed them even sniffing it. They generally walk straight past without even giving it a second glance.

I have double checked my mixing practices, but to no avail. Maybe it's just our foxes that behave in this way?

Silverline 469539 Pocket Digital Probe Thermometer -50°C to +125°C
Silverline 469539 Pocket Digital Probe Thermometer -50°C to +125°C

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, 26 May 2014
This isn't the most robust piece of kitchen equipment ever but if treated with kindness, I'm sure it will last well. The only frustrating part of the design is that it does not "remember" the previous unit setting. ie it ALWAYS defaults to farenheit and the switching button is identical to all the other buttons so I find that switching it to centigrade ALWAYS requires me to read the label to find the button!

It would not be hard to chnage the design to default to the previously used setting.

I find that using a thermometer however, is absolutely essential if you are concerned with avoiding food poisoning from undercooked meat products. Particularly when using a microwave. Why doesn't everyone!!

BOBINO Cable Winder - White
BOBINO Cable Winder - White
Offered by Glueballs

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 26 May 2014
This is a simple but very practical solution to excessively long cables. Recommend. Check the size is right before buying as it is impossible to tell from the picture as the smaller and larger models look identical and of course they are photographed with no reference item in shot (such as a finger).

2pcs Black Aluminum Alloy 15mm Rod - 10cm 4 inch
2pcs Black Aluminum Alloy 15mm Rod - 10cm 4 inch
Offered by SmallRig Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 26 May 2014
These work well. They have a good finish and the thread works. Would I expect less than this.... no of course not

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Nut & Raisin Dispenser & Gluten Free Program, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good....... but why no Crust, 26 May 2014
As one would expect from a Panasonic breadmaker, it works well and produces very edible, good bread. However, if you trive for crusty loaves, there may be better ones to choos from. Our previous Panasonic 255 suffered from the same issue. When a white loaf is baked on the dark crust setting (highest of the crust settings) it still does not produce crusty bread. In addition, the brown loaf settings does not give an option for crusting. I don't understand why this might be from a technical standpoint.

With this machine, as with the older model, I often finish off the loaf under a gentle grill to add a little hardness to the top. Not easy to do when the loaf is normally too tall to fit!!

Saxton SH13CS01 13 Blades Case Set for Fein Multimaster Bosch Multitool
Saxton SH13CS01 13 Blades Case Set for Fein Multimaster Bosch Multitool
Offered by saxton trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 May 2014
Great tool set for the price. The jury is still out regarding how long each tool will stay sharp for however. Only been using it for 3 weeks and as there is such a choice of similar tools, I have not put any one blade under extreme use yet.

Ex-Pro Canon LP-E6, LP E6, LPE6, 3347B001AA [Fully decoded] High Power Plus+ 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Battery for Canon Cameras [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far so Good, 26 May 2014
Been using this for just 6 weeks. It feels well made and so far is operating faultessly. Only time will tell how good a 3rd party battery REALLY is!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4