Profile for Mr. T. Russell > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. Russell

Mr. T. Russell "tomrussell8" (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
F&V K480 LED Video Light DSLR K-480 On-Camera Headlight
F&V K480 LED Video Light DSLR K-480 On-Camera Headlight
Offered by MAVIS Foto & Video
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent LED light source, 6 Mar 2014
This is an excellent piece of equipment. I searched for a while for a video light that was LED, had variable lighting levels and ran on AA batteries and eventually bought this. I use rechargable batteries (recommended) and have use it for video ICanon XA10) and still (Nikon D800) and the results are impressive. The light output is continuously variable and not in pre-set steps and if you need more power the units are designed to be locked togetherto crearte as a large a light as you need. It comes with two filters (diffuse and a colour balance one). Overall an excellent piece of equipment that I heartily recommend.

Domke Photogs Jacket XX-Large
Domke Photogs Jacket XX-Large
Price: 159.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware sleeve length!!!, 6 Mar 2014
This jacket is superb for walkers, photographers and anyone who needs to carry things in pockets. Beware, however, the length of the sleeves! The photo shows them going to the model's wrists but when I bought the XXL size (54 inch chest) the sleeves were three (3) inches short of my wrists!!! Now, I am not a gorilla and have no trouble with other manufacturers. Since the sleeves are removable, the jacket is usuable and is excellent as a gilet type jacket, but it has limited the usefulness of the jacket.

Wild & Wolf A5 Travel Range World Journal
Wild & Wolf A5 Travel Range World Journal
Offered by Ryman Stationery and Office Supplies
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing description, 23 Feb 2014
This is described in the heading as A5 and the illustration is of an A5 journal but the measurements given in the description are for the A6 Journal. I havbe not ordered it since I don't need A6 but do need A5. Perhaps Amazon could resolve this????

Opticron 8 X 32 Traveller BGA Binoculars
Opticron 8 X 32 Traveller BGA Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pocket binoculars, 17 Nov 2013
I bought these to carry with me when I'm walking or just to keep in the car. They are light but appear to be solid and well-made with excellent optics (I use Leica lenses so I'm used to high-grade optics) with no fringing even in the periphery. I wear spectacles and these are usable without removing them. You need a reasonable-size pocket to carry these but it's worth it for the quality. There are binoculars that are smaller, light and cheaper but this pair have struck an excellent balance between size, weight, quality and price. Highly recommended.

KK-CASE Leather Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen (2013)
Offered by KK Mart
Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case/keyboard, 17 Nov 2013
I have this permanently attached to my Nexus 7. I makes the package thicker and a little heavier (only a little) but it is easily worth it when you want to work on a train, in a hotel or whilst waiting at an airport. Some of the keys are not in the expected place but that is to be expected when the keyboard is this size. The leather case is well made and both the keyboard and the Nexus are held securely with all functions available (including camera). The keyboard is driven by a rechargeable battery with a stated 60 hours between charges via USB; I have no reason to question this.
Overall, this has been an excellent buy and I would heartily recommend it.

1643 Soft Nappa Leather - Travel Pass / Oyster Card Holder (5307 17) - Black
1643 Soft Nappa Leather - Travel Pass / Oyster Card Holder (5307 17) - Black
Offered by Adames Leather Goods & Accessories
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal travel card holder, 19 Feb 2013
This holder is small and made of beautiful soft leather. It holds my travel pass and Oyster card and yet they are both accessible for "zapping". There is also a small pocket on the outside which has proved useful for tickets and receipts. All in all, a well-made product that I highly recommend highly.

1642 Soft Nappa Leather - Folding Driving Licence Holder with Tab Style 5336 17
1642 Soft Nappa Leather - Folding Driving Licence Holder with Tab Style 5336 17
Offered by Smiths of Sevenoaks
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb licence holder, 19 Feb 2013
I needed something to hold both bits of my licence and this is the perfect solution. The leather is beautifully soft and the paper part fits perfectly folded the original way. There is a mesh portion so that the plastic component of the licence can be seen without removing it from the wallet. All in all, a very satisfactory solution to the problem of keeping both parts of the licence together and accessible. Highly recommended.

Professional Results with Canon Vixia Camcorders: A Field Guide to Canon G10 and XA10
by Warren Bass
Price: 22.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!, 19 Dec 2012
I have been using camcorders for some years, occasionally for weddings. The Canon XA 10 is an excellent camcorder but this book seriously expands on the standard instruction manual. It makes lots of suggestions about how the camera can be best used and explains why. The chapter on how to improve sound recording is excellent, explaining how the different settings in the camera and on external microphones can be used to improve sound. My recent adoption of the suggestions has resulted in the best sound that I have ever recorded even when I was using external microphones. It also covers some of the accessories available for both cameras. If you one of these two camcorders, I cannot recommended this book highly enough. It is certainly a "must buy"!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential accessory, 1 July 2010
HTC supply you with one of these when you buy a phone but you need it to connect to the mains to charge the phone (similar to iPod Touch). I bought this to make it easier to sync my phone to my laptop (it also charges via USB) and it works perfectly. Recommended.

Suunto X-Lander Outdoor Sports Instrument
Suunto X-Lander Outdoor Sports Instrument
Offered by Dealtz_Fashion
Price: 383.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust instrument, 1 July 2010
This watch from Suunto is both reliable and robust. My previous one lasted 10 years until I drove my Land Rover over it (not recommended). I had no hesitation in purchasing another. If you need a reliable multi-function watch, then this is it. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3