ARRAY(0xa5e6eec4)

LCD Bike Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 3.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a little while, 16 Aug 2013
I installed it, set it up according to the instructions. it worked, then stopped, and has never worked again. i used to build bikes and have fitted a few speedos in my time and so do not put its failings down to my installation.

Weldtite Lithium Grease Pot 100g
Weldtite Lithium Grease Pot 100g
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 5.02

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 16 Aug 2013
I used to use white grease when i built and repaired cycles for a living - many years ago. I much preferred it then as it seemed more efficient and worked well with bearings. Now that I just cycle rather than build, and having recently purchased a cheap cycle, i decided to replace the manufacturers grease with something of a better quality and so did so on all relevant parts. i also replaced bearings as I am not a fan of caged bearings - preferring decent quality individual bearings. Much smoother outfit now and let me say there wasn't much grease in the moving parts so it was worth doing.

Worth getting as it will probably improve the handling and performance of the cycle - certainly feels smoother.

Schwalbe Road Cruiser 700 X 40C Wired Tyre with Puncture Protection 705g (42-622) - Black
Offered by VeloGard Handels UG
Price: 7.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tyre, 16 Aug 2013
Well, it has proved to be a good road tyre. Seems to have decent grip and i have not had a puncture. I replaced mountain bike tyres which came with the bike and were sluggish on road surfaces. I would recommend these tyres if you have a mountain bike that has knobbly tyres and use it for commuting and not to climb hills etc.

Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"
Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"
Offered by Gazboat
Price: 2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 16 Aug 2013
This product worked very well and is particularly useful if you want to convert to a schrader valve. It certainly makes inflating the tyre easier and to a better pressure. What you do is simply loosen the presta air valve, screw on this adapter, and then inflate. If you do not loosen the presta air valve you will not be able to inflate the tyre. The presta valve is protected by the adapter so no risk of losing air having loosened the valve.

A Helpful and cheap solution as I can now inflate the tyre using an electric air pump or at the garage.

M-Wave Montreal Waterproof Carrierbag - Black
M-Wave Montreal Waterproof Carrierbag - Black
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 35.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly waterproof, 30 May 2013
I have been looking for panniers for some time; waterproof ones that is. I have searched all the usual places; compared prices; size; specification etc and these ones, for the money, seemed to suit. They are similar in material to oilskins. In this size 20L x 2, they are the equivalent to holding a carrier bag of shopping or thereabouts each. They come in a pair.

Inside, there is a detachable nylon bag (velcro) which i suppose could be used to store a wallet or purse. They are certainly waterproof as I leave mine on the bike in all weathers and they have not leaked. They clip onto the cycle rack with no problems. However, they do not lock in place or strap down to prevent would be thieves. You can get around that if you need to - i just ran a bungee cord through the straps as i have no need to carry them around free of the bike. They do have a carry strap and lugs for a longer strap ( of the holdall type) but they do not come with a strap to enable them to be thrown over the shoulder. You could just use an old holdall strap I suppose. Seems to me that they could have included a strap as they are detachable and this would make life a little easier for the user. Still, you cannot have everything I suppose. There are no additional pockets, just a bag and so if you are looking for panniers with lots of pockets, these are not the ones for you I would say.

In all, I like these panniers and they seem robustly made. For the money, I think they represent good value. Having also looked at auction sites, I was surprised just how much decent panniers cost and how much people were willing to bid on second hand ones of no real quality. There are plenty of cheap panniers about but many are not waterproof or as convenient.

Worth a look.

Raleigh GNJ250 Adjustable Handlebar Stem Quill Fitting - Black
Raleigh GNJ250 Adjustable Handlebar Stem Quill Fitting - Black
Price: 19.12

5.0 out of 5 stars made cycling a bit easier., 30 May 2013
The stem has a good range of adjustment. My cycle came with a fixed position stem. The problem with that was that i suffer from back problems and wanted to cycle to try to keep a bit fitter. I didn't want to stretch and lock my arms to hold the handlebars and wanted a more sit up and beg experience to reduce strain on my back. With the adjustable stem, I was able to set the handlebars at a far more comfortable position for me. It makes sense to me to be able to adjust the stem as we are all built differently. Now i have a far more comfortable riding experience and can use the bike - which is good all round to me.

Turning to the quality of the item. It is alloy and seem well constructed. It fitted very well (both the frame and the handlebars) and looks quite durable. You will need an allen key to fit and adjust it. The stem is long enough for most people I would imagine. Bear in mind to ensure that the stem will fit correctly. Measure the diameter of your old stem before ordering. I did order a black stem but was sent an alloy one ( the only real issue i had) but the one i received was fine anyway.

Worth getting if you feel that you could do with a more comfortable riding position.

Schwalbe Road Cruiser KevlarGuard Active Wired Tire - Black, 26 x 1.75 Inch
Schwalbe Road Cruiser KevlarGuard Active Wired Tire - Black, 26 x 1.75 Inch
Offered by SJS Cycles
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent tyre, 30 May 2013
I recently returned to cycling to get a bit fitter really. I used to build bikes and sort of know my way around components albeit a little out of touch. They tyres that came with the new bike were fairly standard MTB tyres. Too knobbly for a smooth ride on the road but fine for rougher ground. Knowing the type of cycling I would be doing I needed to change the tyres. Having read many of the reviews here and the generally positive ratings this tyre has received, I thought they were worth a go. Initially, when installing them, I thought they were a shade too big for the wheel although i had ordered the correct size. However, when inflated, they were as tight as a drum. I have found them to have good grip and they run smoothly and relatively quietly. They provide a more comfortable and faster exeperience than the MTB tyres as well. The rubber was of a better quality than the tyres that came with the bike.I will probably purchase a pair for my wife's bicycle as they seem well worth the money.

4 X T1281 BLACK Epson Compatible Ink Cartridges *** for Epson S22 - ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH Epson Stylus Office BX305F, BX305FW, BX305FW Plus, Epson Stylus S22, SX125, SX130, SX235W, SX420W, SX425W, SX435W, SX445W Printers - Latest Version Double Capacity Inks - T1281 (Contains 4 X : T1281) Black - Multipack ***By TriINKS***
Offered by Triangle MMA
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 21 Mar 2013
I bought these due to the exorbinate prices of the brand product. I had reservations about buying them but thought it was worth a punt. Anyway, i installed the cartridge with no difficulty at all and it worked fine. Printed off a few large documents with no issues as to quality. Seems a good way of saving money to me.

Bosch SP13 Wiper Blade
Bosch SP13 Wiper Blade
Offered by E2 TRADE
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars very good blade, 16 Jan 2013
i usually buy Bosch blades but gave some others a try recently. The type that grip the whole screen. Anyway, the flash rear blade that i had worked well for a little while but then started to groan across the window when in use. i think the rubber went hard and became noisy. Reverted back to Bosch and it is smooth, quiet and works very well. used on a golf GTI rear.

BG 44K Power Enhancer Fuel System Cleaner - Free Delivery
BG 44K Power Enhancer Fuel System Cleaner - Free Delivery
Offered by Powerenhancer
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars cleaning and performance, 16 Jan 2013
I bought this product following reviews. I have a Golf GTI about 10 years old and 56K - full service history and only recently had a complete service (the lot) including fuel filter/pollen/air/plugs/cam belt/water pump/oil (synthetic), gear box checked and topped, all fluids really, new tyres and tracking. I look after my car and it is never abused. Anyway, i mainly drive around town and decided that it would be beneficial to also clean the engine via fuel. The emissions on my car are fine and recently passed the mot easily. Anyway, shortly after servicing, i had a sensor engine warning light. Golf owners will be familiar with this Cat sensor. They often come on even when the cat is operating at 95% efficiency. It is a nuisance. So, i got a cat cleaner fluid. it worked for a day or so. Seeing these reviews, i decided to buy this product. I reset the sensor warning lamp and put this in the tank. i use premium fuel where possible. my car was returning about 21 to 22 mpg around town - stopping and starting. once the enhancer had got to work. the sensor started behaving itself. the engine running was good anyway and there is no real difference in that however the mpg improved to (variable) 30 to 33 mpg depending on my right foot. Now, the servicing would have helped and my perhaps lighter foot, however, that is quite a jump nonetheless. i have never had those figures since ownership. So, it seems to have done something. it certainly put an end to the Cat sensor light and so must have cleaned the catalytic converter well enough as well. Seems a good product. i didn't get a cardboard funnel but had a plastic one anyway. i put it in about half a tank and then topped the tank up soon after. i will now try the second stage product as recommended by another reviewer.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2013 1:00 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9