Profile for misfit > Reviews

Content by misfit

misfit "x" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

5.0 out of 5 stars samba kings, 8 May 2010
I don't really wear trainers. Work = shoes and mid life crisis aside, I tend to find them a bit naff (no offence to trainer lovers I am just used to having to wear shoes). I remember these when they came out first time around. They are smart, stylish (not garish or OTT) and very comfortable. I am going to buy another pair because they are so good. Fitted well and I even wear them to work with no comments; so they pass muster.

I certainly recommend these. My daughter (a sage on style and trainers) says they are ok - she suggested them taking into account the following criteria: age (young at heart but not to look at) weight, my general appearance and, most importantly, would she be seen with me in the presence of younger and more trendy friends and not feel humiliated. These trainers were deemed acceptable. I was thinking of other types but between my daughter and my wife most were ruled out.

So, if you are young ( aged say 18 to 25 ) these are fine, if you are slightly older (and wiser possibly) these trainers are excellent as you won't embarrass anyone if you wear them.They also look and feel good. One thing I did notice, when I am driving my car and the trainer soles are wet (raining for example), they slipped of the pedal. Bear that in mind as I don't recommend driving with wet soles.

Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player
Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Heaven, 8 May 2010
Some readers may have guessed that I am a Chelsea fan from the title (look it up )or thought I was into a particular category of films ( I'm not). Whatever your own particular penchant, this is one little machine that you should get involved with. I will not repeat features of this device as other reviewers have done it justice. What I will say is that it is the best piece of kit I have bought for the price in a long time. It worked excellently and connected with no problems. This player is a revelation. One thing I haven't seen written about is connecting to a surround sound system. This was easy enough as well. I have it lined up with a sony flatscreen, sky box and sony surround sound as well as a wii. If you go on the sony website they don't seem to offer the connection diagram for this but its a doddle anyway.

Sit back and enjoy - my wife hates gadgets but I don't so there.

Can I recommend you buy a real film or two without all the cgi to really see how it works. CGI always seems good even on a LG telly. Love Honour and Obey works for me.

Fox - Complete Series [1980] [DVD]
Fox - Complete Series [1980] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars old school, 13 April 2010
It shows its age a little but there are some fine actors in this series. I didn't watch it on TV when it first aired - probably to busy going out. Now i am a little older and possibly a touch wiser, I am catching up on the tv i missed as a teen/idiot.

Well worth a watch particularly as the actors are pretty damn good. Mind you, the producers had a habit of playing daft songs - the first episode introduces you to Billy, the father and figurehead of the Fox family. However there is a dire song entitled 'King Billy' which, of course, is to let you know that Billy is the top man. Awful song and several other awful songs run across the series. I found them amusing in the end because they were so awful. Other than that, great tv.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2013 11:48 AM BST

Top Gear - The Great Adventures 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Top Gear - The Great Adventures 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 April 2010
I have always liked Clarkson and James May and Richard Hammond just makes me laugh. This DVD is great, top gear is great and the challenges are my favourite part of the programmes.

If you watch top gear then you don't need to be told by me how entertaining it is. If you don't watch it, what have you been doing with yourself? Crack on and get this dvd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for DVDs, 13 April 2010
This item really disappointed me. It arrived quickly, was intact, came with easy to understand instructions, was reasonably priced, is fairly attractive to look at: so why only one star? It does not hold dvds correctly as the actual space cannot sit them across the entire shelf. You end up with part of each shelf vacant as the dvds can only fit in one way given the depth of the unit. This is not a dvd cabinet as it cannot be fully utilised. It seems fine for cds though but i bought it as i thought i could fill it with dvds which i cannot.

My wife wants me to get rid of it already as she doesn't like the look of it. I do but understand her concerns as she said it was pointless. Which it is if you want it to store dvds. The drawer at the top is tiny and i have no idea what that can be used for other than to store the old bits of junk we tend to have about the place. Even then you wouldn't get much in it.

I am already going to replace this item with something that does the job so if your looking for a dvd cabinet forget this one. Maybe ok for CDs. By the way, the shelves sit on pegs which fall out easily causing the shelves to drop. Annoying and probably the reason why it will be getting the boot. I am trying to think of a good use for this cabinet but have yet to find one.

So. looks ok, will arrive quickly, easy to build but is totally useless as a dvd storage. One star for the supplier.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, badly made, poor instructions., 13 April 2010
I read the first review and took a punt. However the items I received were both damaged and required repair. I could not be bothered to return them - what a hassle - so fixed them both. I used to be a carpenter (many years ago) so knew how to mend them. As items of furniture they are poor quality, flimsy, and relatively crude. I am a fair reviewer and can say that they arrived quickly. However quality control must be lacking and I will not be buying from this supplier again as these items had definitely been roughly handled at some stage - possibly by the delivery people but I firmly believe that quality control should be managed at all stages of the process.

The old adage applies ' you get what you pay for' and you do in this case. A cheap and nasty product that is not even worth the price in my opinion. My advice is to give these a miss - you can do better on the money if you pop along to the well known Swedish warehouse.

I gave one star for the prompt dispatch and delivery. I am sure this supplier is fine but the product is not. I cannot believe the poor quality of this product and the instructions are photocopied and not even that legible. Get your glasses out, or borrow some as you will need them.

In total a very disappointing buy.

Friday Night Lights - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
Friday Night Lights - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Blue Deckert
Offered by Edvicar

1.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 10 Mar. 2010
Actually I hated it but respect the views of others who liked it. Must be my age or something but I felt it was for an audience aged about 10 to 18. I am not. So, enjoy it if you like this sort of thing just wasn't my cup or rosey.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2010 8:47 PM BST

Thatcher: The Final Days [DVD] [1991]
Thatcher: The Final Days [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Sylvia Syms

4.0 out of 5 stars Slimy politicians, 10 Mar. 2010
I was no great lover of Thatcher but credit where credit is due she kept the slimy ministers in her cabinet well under the thumb. She paid for it when they actually developed the courage to take her on after being her whipping boys for about 12 years. Demonstrates what weasels they were and how John Major feigned a toothache to avoid being labelled a conspirator in her downfall and then slipped in to take the top job: The grey man indeed.

Well produced and fine acting by all - well worth a watch.

Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008]
Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ James Nesbitt
Offered by Global_Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely convinced, 10 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Could not get into this. I tried but it just did not grip me. Some will love it i suppose but it gathers dust for me.

Rumpole Of The Bailey - Rumpole And The Confession Of Guilt (Pilot Episode) [1975] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leo McKern

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2010
Very little needs to be said about the quality of Leo Mckern's portrayal of Rumpole. I found his self reflection in this pilot deeply moving. Any Rumpole fan will have this in their collection. To the unconverted, do yourself a favour and watch a brilliant actor at work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9