Profile for misfit > Reviews

Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars worked for a while, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: 12v Delux Oscillating car fan
It worked fine for a spell then packed up. The problem was the solder at the 12v plug. I will fix it myself. The clamp is a bit unsuitable as you cannot locate it without screwing it to something. I did this for convenience. Others have fixed it to a heavier object. It reminds me of the fans you see in new york yellow cabs in the movies.

When it worked, it is quite powerful. Better than many of the small plastic type fans. it only has one speed - fast - and no switch so you have to unplug it to stop it. I will put a switch on it myself.I am not to sure that the oscillation works too well. it is a little temperamental. Still, it goes like the clappers.

I think with this fan you have to adapt if for your needs. in a car, moving along, the bracket is a little flimsy and caused wobble. So, if you buy, be prepared to adapt it to your circumstances.

Not to bad a product if your willing to finagle things a little. Get your soldering iron and stouter bracket support stuff ready.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 7:18 PM GMT

The Dandy Book 1956 (Annual)
The Dandy Book 1956 (Annual)
by D C Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars dandy book, 3 Sep 2010
this book is one of my favourites and will be kept. I am unlikely to part with it as it is just a great little example of pastimes. you could go into one of those shops and buy replicas of pastime articles or you could buy originals, like this, take care of them, preserve them and pass them on later. not for profit - enjoy.

Reebok Kobo Leisure Sandals - 10
Reebok Kobo Leisure Sandals - 10

4.0 out of 5 stars good but wanted more flexibility, 3 Sep 2010
I bought these as someone i knew had and earlier version. his were very flexible and soft. i hate hard plastic flip flops that cut into your feet and those ones with the toe split (aaggh). these did not cut but could have been softer. So, they are ok and not special. they do the job.

The Comic Book Price Guide for Great Britain 1993-94
The Comic Book Price Guide for Great Britain 1993-94
by Duncan A. McAlpine

5.0 out of 5 stars works for me, 3 Sep 2010
I got this slightly out of date book as i collect (sort of) annuals of a particular genre. I wanted a rough idea as to value when buying so as not to be ripped off. This older guide is useful given that the values are probably less than current values so i buy at old values where i can. I don't sell the books i buy as i display them. Someone will get them when i pop my mortal coil and maybe sell them then for a small profit. I buy to enjoy so this old valuation book helps me buy sensibly. It is a very well produced book and very helpful. i imagine that i would buy an uptodate one if i was a serious collector / seller. Well worth buying.

Ex-Pro 5m 3.5mm Stereo Jack Audio Extension Cable ~ Superior Quality ~ Analogue ~ Jack to Socket (M-F) ~ 24k Gold Plated ~ Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) ~ Shielded ~ Stylish
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd
Price: 8.69

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't work, 3 July 2010
Well, I connected it and low it failed to work - a break in the cable. I appear destined to have trouble with stereo cables or is it just shoddy quality? Anyway, it was too much grief to return given the cost and it is not in use. Don't get me wrong, i can hear the music but only if i fiddle with the cable which, at 5 metres, is a bit of a pain.

I haven't contact the vendor in fairness to them so have no grounds for complaint against this seller.

I cannot recommend this product as a result.

3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold
3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 0.70

4.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for., 2 July 2010
Some know that you get what you pay for. Well, reviewers do I'm sure. The product is cheap and the first cable I ordered was broken. It was so cheap that I binned it. Why send back a 79p item? Way too much hassle and my time is worth more as is the case for most including vendors I imagine. I did email the seller and did not ask for a replacement; However, to my surprise and within a day, I received a replacement cable which does work. That is good service. Top marks

The item was delivered in lightning speed and I thought great. Big disappointment when I tried to link my new mp3 to my new car stereo - both of which work perfectly (I bought a cheap run around and the stereo had to be changed). No music? I don't have great taste in music but having suffered with the radio for too long, something had to give.

Anyway, I received intermittent sound when I fiddled with the first cable. So, it went in the bin. The replacement works fine but I don't expect it to last long given the quality. Therefore, I have ordered something with a little more quality but not a great deal dearer. Duronic Auxilary Goldspec AUX-IN 24k Gold input lead wire cable 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack for iPod, iPhone 3G, 3GS, mp3 players and car stereo (1m)

You get what you pay for and, in this case,it will be a useful and cheap spare to have around. I would therefore say that if you buy a cheap cable like this, don't be too worked up if it doesn't work. After all, its very cheap and nothing lasts forever.

Those hooters in the world cup are doing my head in as well.

Jekyll : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Jekyll : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Nesbitt
Price: 3.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Nessbitten, 18 Jun 2010
What a corny title above - sorry about that but he has a habit of biting people in this series. I like Nesbitt and would recommend Passer By and Wall of Silence if your interested. So, what about this one, well its a bit mad but really quite enjoyable.

Enjoy.

The Hurt Locker [DVD]
The Hurt Locker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Big yawn, 14 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Hurt Locker [DVD] (DVD)
Stupidly, I thought this film would be good I even pre-ordered it - must have fell in with the hype. Anyway, it is not. It is a bore and really could have been a decent account of the work of bomb disposal guys in the services. They deserve more I think.

So, save your dough. Like the other reviewer, I would recommend Generation Kill. I am not writing a long review as it doesn't deserve it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars super sambas, 30 May 2010
I don't really wear trainers. Work = shoes and mid life crisis aside, I tend to find them a bit naff (no offence to trainer lovers I am just used to having to wear shoes). I remember these when they came out first time around. They are smart, stylish (not garish or OTT) and very comfortable. I am going to buy another pair because they are so good. Fitted well and I even wear them to work with no comments; so they pass muster.

I certainly recommend these. My daughter (a sage on style and trainers) says they are ok - she suggested them taking into account the following criteria: age (young at heart but not to look at) weight, my general appearance and, most importantly, would she be seen with me in the presence of younger and more trendy friends and not feel humiliated. These trainers were deemed acceptable. I was thinking of other types but between my daughter and my wife most were ruled out.

So, if you are young ( aged say 18 to 25 ) these are fine, if you are slightly older (and wiser possibly) these trainers are excellent as you won't embarrass anyone if you wear them.They also look and feel good. One thing I did notice, when I am driving my car and the trainer soles are wet (raining for example), they slipped of the pedal. Bear that in mind as I don't recommend driving with wet soles. Alternatively, Adidas Gazelle seem good and I may be trying them soon.

No Title Available