Profile for misfit > Reviews

Content by misfit

misfit "x" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable boot liner, 15 Dec 2011
Wellies without liners can chaff a bit. I go fishing and so use wellies and wanted them to be warm in winter and more comfortable. For a few quid, these liners do the job. Feet are a bit warmer and the welly is more comfortable on the foot. they are not too thick and i just leave mine in the wellingtons. These are not regular socks as they are several times bigger to fit the boot so your sock stays on your foot and goes into the liner. A good product and i think there are other colours for those with better taste than me. Worth the money.

Classikool Permanent Match Lighter
Classikool Permanent Match Lighter

1.0 out of 5 stars utter rubbish, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: Classikool Permanent Match Lighter
I like lighters and have a few collectibles such as an old Thorens single claw circa 1920. I use lighters when fishing as matches get wet and so I have a rough idea as to what makes a workable piece of fun equipment. I thought this thing (to call it a lighter and or a match is just wrong) would be useful left in my tackle box as a back up. Well, I used quality fuel in it and tried to get it to work. I even went on to youtube to watch a video in case it was me being stupid. It does happen I admit. This piece of junk doesn't even draw a spark. It is useless. Please spend your money on something that works. It is cheap yes, but it is nasty and actually fell apart without use. So, good job I tried it before I put it in with my fishing kit. I would have been left gasping for a smoke. Bad habit I know but that's why I bought a lighter after all. As an aside, I have had outdoor training, getting fires going etc and this thing is of such poor quality that even if it did work, it would fall to bits pretty quickly anyway. By the way, my 90 odd year old lighter still works beautifully. Now that's quality. You pay for what you get and if you want a piece of junk then that is what you will get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 14 April 2011
I took the advice of other reviewers and ordered a size smaller - 9 in place of my regular size 10. I have found that in the summer, if i wear flip flops or slip on sandals, they actually make walking about the place a touch uncomfortable and difficult. they make look fine but i tend to use my toes to claw hold them and this is not good for the feet or posture. it was important for me to find sandals that held on to my feet and were comfortable.

These sandals fit very comfortably. the sole is flexible enough for comfort and seems stoutly made. The construction appears very good. They look good. you can tell that they are not cheap old things and they don't look cheaply made either. they are light enough for comfort but not so light so as to feel like they would fall apart. all the straps are adjustable with Velcro including the heel.

my wife hates sandals on men as she tells me men's feet are ugly. however, they are not her feet they are mine and I want to air them in the summer months or in the garden. So, ugly feet aside and my feet are probably fairly ugly items, these sandals make them look a little better. Rubber sole, and they look like they will do well on the beach, walking around town or even further. Good value I think.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 10:19 AM BST

Croydex Cube Chrome Light Pull
Croydex Cube Chrome Light Pull

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, cool to touch and simple, 4 Mar 2011
it is only a light pull but its very pleasant.Maybe i will insert a battery with a neon inside the pull for a bit of glamour?

Monument - Tap Back Nut Box Spanner - 27mm & 32mm
Monument - Tap Back Nut Box Spanner - 27mm & 32mm

5.0 out of 5 stars worked a treat, 4 Mar 2011
Stubborn and fairly inaccessible tap nut. I had a set of box spanners but none big enough for the job. Ordered this. Arrived very quickly. Is stout and reasonably well made. Released the nut no problems and i was able to get on with the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy 5 stars, 24 Feb 2011
Excellent fleece. Very warm, well put together and certainly a better quality than your average fleece.

It is also comfortable to wear.

I use a fleece for fishing and it is important that it stands up to the rigour of outdoor use. I expect it to get wet, dirty, and a bit bashed about - thorns / bushes etc. I also want it to look good.

This item fits the bill. Sure, you pay a little more than the £5.00 fleece you will see in the supermarkets and shops and you all know the old adage I hope? You pay for what you get. I am getting rather fond of this maker's products and have also bought one of their jackets - also excellent. Infact, colleagues have asked me what I paid for the jacket to get one themselves. Not unusual with Berghaus kit. I also bought a pair of their boots so have developed a label fetish with this maker.

My wife usually nicks my fleeces cycling to work as she knows I tend to buy garments that work. She did try to pinch this fleece - a sure sign that it is good in my view.

Kahuna K2V-0019G Mens Black And Green Velcro Strap Watch
Kahuna K2V-0019G Mens Black And Green Velcro Strap Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars very crudely made watch, 24 Feb 2011
It is fine for work and general purpose use. Not very well made. The case is quite crude and it is quite an unpleasant watch to look at. I have a number of watches of varying quality. I took a punt on this for work and because I have never owned a velcro strap watch and so thought i would try this out.

You get what you pay for. I have worn it once and may wear it again? However, I am stupidly sentimental about watches and so will be kind to it (I seem to attach human qualities to watches)and will put it with my others for use one day or another.

not bad but not brilliant. Probably a touch overpriced for the quality in my view.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2011 11:09 AM BST

DIGIFLEX 2M Flexible Stainless Steel Shower Bathroom Hose Pipe
DIGIFLEX 2M Flexible Stainless Steel Shower Bathroom Hose Pipe
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars shower hose, 24 Feb 2011
works a treat. Decent length, fits a standard shower head and mixer tap unit. All in all, a good product which arrived quickly and is reasonably priced.

Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer With Modern Slider Rail Kit
Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer With Modern Slider Rail Kit
Offered by Trueshopping Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it work?, 24 Feb 2011
The short answer is yes. I bought this item on the strength of the previous reviewer's comments. Thank you to them as they are entirely right in what they say.

Pros and cons I experienced when buying and installing.

Fits standard bath. Tap mixer seems substantial but the riser, shower hose and shower head is a cheap addition. You would do well to buy the mixer on its own (available through this supplier I believe) and purchase a better riser elsewhere. The one included is rubbish in my view.

Fitted easily enough to a standard bath and worked straight out of the box. Unfortunately, water pressure from my combi boiler is not great and, oddly, the pressure I achieved before installing this mixer was better in the old unit. A nice looking, stylish item (mixer set and not riser). I have had to add a shower pump / electric spur to an RCD etc to get a decent pressure and am about to get a Mira shower head to replace the old phooey sent with this kit. I also replaced the too short cheapo hose with a two metre hose. The one supplied is simply too short for grown ups. It is a bit like Christmas - you know, you get one decent present and the rest are a load of old tat. However, you are grateful because you got something. A bit like this set. Good tap unit / poor shower head and riser kit. So, 4 stars because it is not a bad product at the price. It arrived quickly and intact.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 3:18 PM GMT

Black Waterproof Camera Case for Samsung ST66,ST76,ST200F,DV300F,Nikon L25,L26,L27,S6200,S3300, Canon A2400,A4000 & other Samsung Sony Olympuos Fuji Pentax compact digital cameras
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars works a treat, 17 Jan 2011
I bought a digital camera - Samsung - on Amazon and wanted a case for it. Typically, the camera did not come with one. This case arrived quickly. It is snug, compact and sturdy. it has a belt loop for those who want a batman style belt. (Some people love belting everything. My wife thinks its a bit square mind you. She doesn't like bum bags either). I digress. It has two zips and a velcro fastener. you could simply use the fastener if you need to get the camera out quickly however to fully encase the camera, you need to use the zips. Build quality is good and it feels like it will protect the camera well.

It came with a lens cleaner and back up memory card holder. No room for spare batteries or much else in the case. it also has a carry cord of sorts.

A good value product for the money and does the job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9