Profile for norman anderson > Reviews

norman anderson

Masters of Rome: VESPASIAN V
Masters of Rome: VESPASIAN V

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best roman fiction series out there, 24 Sep 2014
Great read, kept me enticed from start to finish.
I think the cold dread from the Druids was slightly over dramatic and took away a lot from the flow of the book. But I have read this series from book one twice over and I am finding it one of the best reads out there for roman fiction.
I look forward to your next book.

The Emperor's Knives: Empire VII
The Emperor's Knives: Empire VII

5.0 out of 5 stars Great twist and turns all the way through Mr Riches! Great series!, 7 Jun 2014
Once again a great book and a great story line so far. Keep up the great work. Will be pre ordering the next instalment thanks!!!

Marching With Caesar: Rebellion
Marching With Caesar: Rebellion

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked & Disappointed, 19 April 2014
Major turn around for Peake in the style of previous books, a bad gamble that for me has not paid off.
It was slow, nothing to inspire you whilst reading, letting you know the outcome of the battle at the start and it felt like a book that wanted to spend most if it's time retelling the previous set of books.
This was a book I felt needed to fill that gap needed for young Titus to fit in, but it could if been so much more.
I have to confess it took me time to get through this book which I read three times just to check what I was reading was peaked work, which would of never happened with the previous books in the series.

Peake you are a legend in my book that's why it's a 5 star review, I truly do hope that the next book is aspiring as the others, obviously excluding rebellion. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
Norman

Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign
Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign

5.0 out of 5 stars Peake out does himself again! More detailed with a non stop story line that keeps you reading!, 17 Dec 2013
I have read the marching with Caesar book series since book one and the series so far has been an amazing read. I have to admit the final campaign brought a tear to my eyes and I felt the struggle of what Titus had been through since the first days in the 10th legion.
The ending of Titus and using the writers personal experience to show the comradeship of the time has been a pleasure to read.
I thank you once again Peake for giving me a great series to read and not having to wait for one book a year and forget the story line.
Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Once again Peake your a legend in my book please please keep the series coming I would of been more than happy to pay slightly more for the kindle option!

The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12
The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12

2.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly bad!!! I love the series but scarrow has lost the characters!!, 16 Nov 2013
I love Cato and macro!, I have been waiting patiently for simon sparrows latest instalment of these great characters, I even set aside some special time to enjoy the book.
SHOCKING!! At the start the characters had there banter back and it died after the fourth chapter, no good long story line, it kept talking about previous adventures and the ending was one of the worst I have read from any book.

It felt the book was a way of telling readers how great the previous books were and there adventures together, followed by a fort battle and a simple story of an auxiliary unit run wild no in-depth information.

Scarrow please get the next one right!! Make it more adventurous, remember when they use to go off on there adventures and you use to bring it all together!. I waited so long for this new instalment it has left me on a dead note.
Your one of the best writers out there and I have no doubt I will be reading your books and hopefully Cato and macro for years to come!.

Fingers crossed.....

The Eagle's Vengeance: Empire VI
The Eagle's Vengeance: Empire VI

3.0 out of 5 stars Another good book by anthony, 12 Sep 2013
A big change in how this was written from previous books I thought, it lacked the previous books flow and was not as exciting until the end!

A lack of information in the build up no hints as to what's to come to keep you interested until the last chapter when it's titled Rome!!!

It's good to see that Marcus is finally in Rome and I have no doubt the next book regarding a bloody revenge is going to be full of life and excitement....

Keep up the good work anthony..

The Racing Factions: A Crossroads Brotherhood Novella from the bestselling author of the VESPASIAN series (The Crossroads Brotherhood Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 12 Aug 2013
Fabbri does it again, another vivid and imaginative read.

Was not a long set out story or fabbri run of the mill well thought out vespasian stories but with keeping up tradition of the crossroad s brotherhood a nice catch up.

Craving in anticipation of the next vespasion in September.

Keep up the good work robert....

Marching With Caesar-Rise of Augustus
Marching With Caesar-Rise of Augustus

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the greatest book so far! Worth every second of reading it, 12 Aug 2013
Brilliant peake another book to the set I just couldn't put down!! Titus has become so much more vivid and so much more information and intrigue in the rise of Augustus compared to the others! Even had a tear for his best friends death and reminiscing about the vinegar! and poor albums!!

I thank you for keeping the series coming and cannot wait until the next book is out.

Peake your already a legend in my book....

Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part II-Cleopatra
Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part II-Cleopatra

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of vigour and a detailed story of pullus, 26 Jun 2013
Finally finished part two, I have read the whole series and they have kept me up later at night then I care to remember.

Part two was more enjoyable on the whole, I got to know the characters more, the ball sac has been a giggle throughout which made the story more fresher, getting to know Titus has been inspiring on many levels.

One feedback would be more description on Caesar, Anthony and Agrippa how Titus felt towards them the gossip and how the republic feels at that time!.

Cracking job Peake I look forward to reading Titus pulls the camp prefect!!

Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part I-Antony
Marching With Caesar-Antony and Cleopatra: Part I-Antony

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC full of life, 19 Jun 2013
Full of life and kept me reading for hours, all the ups and downs one expects and more.

Can't wait to get stuck into the next series.