Profile for Lally > Reviews

Content by Lally

Lally

Dying Eyes (Brian McDone Mysteries Book 1)
Dying Eyes (Brian McDone Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, as usual !!!, 3 Jun. 2015
Excellent read, as usual - Downloaded book 3

Buried Slaughter (Brian McDone Mysteries Book 2)
Buried Slaughter (Brian McDone Mysteries Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, as usual !!!, 3 Jun. 2015
Excellent read, as usual - I have just downloaded book 3 (Nameless Kill)

A Stolen Life
A Stolen Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Repetitive in Parts, 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: A Stolen Life (Kindle Edition)
I was intrigued to read about Jaycee Dugard's harrowing time in the hands of those monsters, I was however disappointed that most of her story, had already discussed on TV and she has spoken in much more detail during her TV interviews (which you don't have to pay to watch !! ). It has put me off of reading a memoir when they have featured so heavily on TV beforehand. I also think that Jaycee should have used someone to write the book for her as in parts the book was very repetitive - I know she wants her story to be told in her own words, but if you are not a writer/author, its not the best idea to go it alone.

Next Christmas Will Be Different - A Short Story
Next Christmas Will Be Different - A Short Story

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm just glad it was free as there is no way I ..., 24 Nov. 2014
It says a short story, well, wow its got to be the shortest read ever. I'm just glad it was free as there is no way I would have paid for this. Very disappointing.

Murder! Too Close To Home (The Adventures of Gabriel Celtic Book 1)
Murder! Too Close To Home (The Adventures of Gabriel Celtic Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book - it was an easy read - ..., 7 Nov. 2014
I really enjoyed this book - it was an easy read - not the greatest plot in the world but still written well.

Back on Murder (A Roland March Mystery Book #1)
Back on Murder (A Roland March Mystery Book #1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to keep up with the characters, 30 Nov. 2013
I normally persevere with books, but this, well it took all my strength to carry on reading - mostly because I hadn't had a chance to download anymore books onto my Kindle. I found it difficult to keep up as the list of characters was overwhelming. I'm sure if I had a straight week to read this full time I might have found it more interesting, but as I only read for about an hour each evening it was difficult to get back into the book each time.

Nikki's Secret
Nikki's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Nikki's Secret (Kindle Edition)
This booked kept me interested throughout. My heart was pounding at the end....its a shame it had to end so quickly

Sins of the Father
Sins of the Father

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this from the first to the last page, 8 Aug. 2013
This is good, easy reading.

Even though I worked out very early on where the author was going with the story, the intrigue kept me turning the pages just to make sure I was right.

Gone (Parallel Trilogy, Book 1)
Gone (Parallel Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Page Turner, 25 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the continuing saga. I also think my daughter would like this book as it is so well written and keeps the reader wanting more.

Border Crossings:  A Catherine James Thriller
Border Crossings: A Catherine James Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 29 Nov. 2012
A good easy read with the story coming together at the end.

It would have been nice to have had a little more descriptive language relating to the surroundings that some of the people lived in as it took me some time to picture the scene, but still enjoyed the read.