Profile for Bruno > Reviews

Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set
Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set
Price: 7.67

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 9 Jan 2014
I must say it's a great idea for a product. I never used to steam veggies, mostly boiling or roasting them, but wanted something for my baby and her weaning. It takes very little time to steam the veggies and the fruit, it's not messy and easy to clean (dishwasher safe) and the veggies taste so well! They retain their taste, unlike during boiling. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the tray got discoloured first time I used it when I was steaming carrots.

Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First Year Journal (Parent & Child)
Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First Year Journal (Parent & Child)
by from you to me
Price: 13.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 9 Jan 2014
I did read the description of the book but when it arrived it was not what I expected. I wanted mostly a baby's book and yes I know it says Bump to Birthday, so it includes the pregnancy period, but it's almost 70-80% of the book while a very small part is devoted to the baby's first year. I would have been happy if it had been the other way round, a small part on pregnancy and a bigger part on the baby's progress. I returned the book and got the Winnie the Pooh one which I am very happy with.

Winnie the Pooh Baby Days
Winnie the Pooh Baby Days
by A.A. Milne

5.0 out of 5 stars Its great!, 9 Jan 2014
I love this book! Our baby's room has the theme of Winnie the Pooh and so it's was a natural choice to go for this book. Its got plenty of space for various photos, hospital tag, foot and hand prints, newspaper clips, even pressed flowers! It is also quite detailed and has such sections as baby's arrival, coming home, settling down, naming the baby, family tree, baby's progress, bathtime, bedtime, mealtimes, baby's health, teething, growing, going out, first holidays, first Christmas, first birthday, first words and events (e.g. when baby played with hands, gurgled, sat up etc.), baby's favourite things, special memories, plans for the future, scrapbook and a big pocket at the end to keep things. I've written it all down, so you know what to expect. It is so detailed that it suggests writing down what time the baby goes to sleep and wakes up or feeds. I did not keep a track of all those details, so will have to miss out some bits. It also looks very nice and is full of colour pictures and quotes from Winnie, the book. Highly recommended.

Inkless baby hand and foot print keepsake kit
Inkless baby hand and foot print keepsake kit
Offered by PrettyRaine
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good if you know what you're doing :), 9 Jan 2014
This product is a great idea but you need to read the instructions carefully not to mess up. Cause if you don't read them, you might run out of the paper where you leave the prints. We unfortunately did it when our baby was awake, so she was quite active. But we did manage to get a couple of good hand and foot prints, so in the end it was worth it. I'd recommend it as a gift and for new parents.

Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge
Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., 9 Jan 2014
I have not used any other sponges so cannot compare, but bought a few of these already. My baby did not enjoy the bath time when she was born, and it seemed she did not feel secure enough in a slippery baby bath. She has been far more comfortable with the sponge and so have I while bathing her. She's 6 months now and we still use it. I have changed them every 2-3 months, because they do get damaged, dirty and possibly collect some germs.

Hama 10 x 15 cm Singo Memo Album for 200 Photos, Pink
Hama 10 x 15 cm Singo Memo Album for 200 Photos, Pink
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., 9 Jan 2014
Really it simply does the job of a photo album. Looks nice, ideal for keeping baby girl's photos (that's what I got it for). There is a small compartment at the back where you can keep a DVD/CD, probably not too many though.

Trefl 3-in-1 Puzzle Smurfs Fun Smurfy
Trefl 3-in-1 Puzzle Smurfs Fun Smurfy
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and fun, 9 Jan 2014
I chose this product because my nephew likes the smurfs. He is 4 now and I got it a couple of months ago, thinking there are 3 different levels to keep him challenged. As you can see on the box, it's 5+ age group. He managed to do the smallest puzzle (20 pieces) within minutes. He took a bit more time with the other two and with his father's assistance, but in total it probably took him 2 hours to put them all together, having a lot of fun at the same time. The puzzles might be too simple for a 5+ kids, but I guess it depends on a kid. Also, all three puzzles are mixed in one bag, so you have to divide them yourself. It's not an issue, cause it can be fun for the kid to do it and they are all marked at the back, so you know which piece goes to which group.

Quality Pink Ice Cube Tray with Lid For Easy Refill No Spill
Quality Pink Ice Cube Tray with Lid For Easy Refill No Spill
Offered by east2eden
Price: 1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars They are okay., 9 Jan 2014
I got a few of these ice cubes for weaning my baby. They are a good size when you begin the weaning, but if your baby is a hungry one or ready for more, you need to take out more than just one cube, which isn't really a problem. To take the food out, I'd have to poor some hot water over the back of the cubes, otherwise it wouldn't come out. Also, the lids are difficult to put on, it's as if they shrunk when in the freezer and seemed smaller than the tray. Overall, an okay product and good for storing the food at the start of the weaning. Will use it for its original purpose now!

LORENZ LARGE LEATHER BAG (3786)
LORENZ LARGE LEATHER BAG (3786)
Price: 15.50 - 23.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected but ok., 31 Aug 2012
The bag is of good size, not too big, not too small. It has two pockets at the front and two on sides and that's where disappointment appears. It's impossible to use the ones on the sides because they are too small. Even if you manage to put something tiny in, it's difficult to get it out! The pockets on the front are a bit bigger but still I always struggle with even getting my keys out. It looks good, quite a mat effect.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 31 Aug 2012
The mini hat actually looks lovely and adds the charm. It can be worn on many occasions. However, the front gets into your eyes if you do not attach it properly and the hat is smaller than it looks in the photo.

Page: 1 | 2