Profile for Book worm > Reviews

Content by Book worm

Book worm

Page: 1 | 2
BT Aura 1500 Single Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - Black /Chrome
Offered by liGo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by design., 30 April 2015
Just received this phone this morning. First impression is good, though I will have to wait some 24 hours to evaluate how it actually performs.One thing that does irritate me is that the cable from the 3 pin plug that is plugged into the wall socket actually stands up and then hangs down, rather than simply hanging down from the plug. It's very untidy. Not one other appliance in my house does this. This is irritating and disappointing. I don't think that there is a way round this apart from packing up the four phones and returning them. Time will tell!
It's hard to rate this item apart from saying I don't like the design because the phone might actually be good.

Johnson & Johnson Ltd Compeed Moisturising Corn 6
Johnson & Johnson Ltd Compeed Moisturising Corn 6
Offered by Health in The Post

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 11 Oct. 2014
Yes, I do use these and they are good to cover sore toes, but they are very fiddly and bits stick irritatingly to fingers as you try to fit them; not that easy. Also in the shower they can sometimes become soggy and so do not improve the health of a sore, red toe.

Scholl Footcare Appliances -  Toe Protectors Small
Scholl Footcare Appliances - Toe Protectors Small
Offered by O.T.C. Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted: I have my shoes back!, 11 Oct. 2014
I have been looking for a protector for hammer toes for ages and nothing has worked like these toe protectors. I read the reviews, and as a result bought a pair and I am so glad that I did. I can now wear shoes I have been unable to wear for a very long time; they were on the way to a local charity shop! The small size works for me, but are not overly long, so if you have long toes you might need a larger size to actually cover the toe joint properly.

Shatterproof Sugar Pourer | Stainless Steel Sugar Pourer Cafe Sugar Dispenser
Shatterproof Sugar Pourer | Stainless Steel Sugar Pourer Cafe Sugar Dispenser
Offered by Top Products

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, 2 Oct. 2014
Excellent. It arrived the next day and was in full use last night at choir. The parcel was well wrapped up and though, not in any way elegant, does the job. Thank you.

Cat 2014 Gallery Calendar
Cat 2014 Gallery Calendar
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for cat lovers!, 16 Aug. 2014
This is my second Gallery Cat Calendar and I also give it as presents to other cat lovers. It's a 'cheer up' moment for me each morning! However, I would appreciate the writing on the top right being a bit bigger, because it is a tad small. Having said that, I love the photos, the clever compositions of cats and the diversity; you never quite know what will turn up next! I will be putting in my next order later in the year! Punctual arrival, excellent quality and well wrapped up.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy, unless you take a lot of photos!, 16 Aug. 2014
I inherited an Apple iPhone 3G that had a couple of chips on the side and bought this case cover to protect the phone. It actually works very well and I am pleased with it. One point to note however is when taking a photo it is better to remove the casing first because it can cast a bit of a shadow on the photo. Excellent quality and punctual arrival.

Nauticalia Able Seaman Simon ship's cat model
Nauticalia Able Seaman Simon ship's cat model
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars A Special Gift, 16 Aug. 2014
A very special gift for anyone who may love cats but are unable to have any. So lifelike! Able Seaman Simon arrived very promptly and is a delight. My own cat gave him a sniff and all was well.

Acctim 74132 Cadiz Wall Clock, White
Acctim 74132 Cadiz Wall Clock, White
Offered by Clock Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Choice!, 16 Aug. 2014
I have two of these little Cadiz Wall Clocks in white and really like them because they are accurate, easy to read and very well priced.
Originally, I did wonder if they would look a bit cheap, but actually they don't. They are perfect. I have one in my kitchen against a blue wall and another in the garden room against a sage green wall. Both look very good.

RICHS MSM LOTION. UNSCENTED NUTRIENT LOTION FOR SKIN
RICHS MSM LOTION. UNSCENTED NUTRIENT LOTION FOR SKIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent skin lotion., 6 Mar. 2014
Beautiful lotion for the skin. Excellent quality. I now use it instead of E45 because it does a better job. The skin is smoother and softer. I have recently had a bout of shingles and felt miserable and sore, but using the Richs MSM Lotion helped to takes away the 'burning' sensation.
Maybe the bottle would be improved with a little pump, so as not to waste any at the bottom. I use it by taking off the top. This works very well for me.

Blood Count
Blood Count

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Blood Count (Kindle Edition)
If I tell you I couldn't, and didn't want to put this book down until the last page, you will understand why I gave it a 5* Rating. I have read almost all of Robert Goddard's books now and enjoyed all of them. Also they are books that you can revisit at a later stage, and enjoy all over again! Thank you Mr Goddard.

Page: 1 | 2