Profile for apk > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Book of Night Women
The Book of Night Women

5.0 out of 5 stars A book not to miss, 17 May 2016
I was blown away by this book. A story so well told that you could visualise the barbaric punishments. It made uncomfortable and distressing reading. But an experience and education I wouldn't have wanted to miss.

Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted, 20 Jan. 2015
A thought provoking read that challenges our beliefs around what's good to eat and what keeps us healthy. A catalyst for change.

The Iceberg: A Memoir
The Iceberg: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 Jan. 2015
This is a moving memoir so brilliantly told. A book that I will remember for a long time to come.

UltraMental: An unconventional approach to training for endurance events on a few hours a week (or less)

5.0 out of 5 stars A different way., 6 Dec. 2014
Lots of great things to be taken from this book, very motivational, inspirational and positive. It turns everything on its head and challenges it.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars worthy winner!, 10 Feb. 2014
An amazingly touching and moving read. Captivating and chaotic a must read. I can't wait for his next book, until then, this one is brilliant.

The Emergence of Judy Taylor
The Emergence of Judy Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars underwhelmed!!, 21 Jan. 2014
Was hoping for a little more from this book. It was cleverly put together, but felt a little like a self help book definitely a light holiday read.

A Fine Balance
A Fine Balance

5.0 out of 5 stars sublime, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Fine Balance (Kindle Edition)
An absolute must read, enthralling, captivating and totally mesmerising. You live each part of their lives with them lost in the chaotic world that can sometimes be India.

We Need New Names
We Need New Names

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I left until last, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: We Need New Names (Kindle Edition)
This, of the short listed books, was the one I left until last as I expected to enjoy it the least. I couldn't have been more wrong. It totally captures and reveals that certain African mindset that makes the characters of this book come to life. It's brilliant observations are well placed and slowly allow the reader to experience life there and in the US. Was one of those books I was sorry to finish.

In The Shadow Of The Banyan
In The Shadow Of The Banyan

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 21 Oct. 2013
Moving,engrossing and simply brilliant. A book that is a must read for everyone. Parts of this book often spring to mind and it's one I will remember reading for a long time.

Harvest
Harvest

5.0 out of 5 stars prize winner, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Harvest (Kindle Edition)
This book is my booker prize winner. An absolutely amazing literary masterpiece that I was entranced by and couldn't put down.

Page: 1 | 2