Profile for Peter Berry > Reviews

Flip-Pal mobile scanner
Offered by my_history
Price: 139.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality stand alone scanner, 1 Jan 2013
I hadn't heard of a mobile scanner until I received a news letter from my family history society where this particular one had been favourably reviewed. I thought it would come in very useful for some of the data collection exercises we get involved in, so bought one as a Christmas present for my wife along with a custom case that is sold as an accessory. Now that we have handled and used it, I can confirm that it fully lives up to my expectations and is a well made quality product, that has full company back-up having undergone stringent testing by them. The instrument is supplied with everything needed to put it straight to work, including batteries, SD data storage card, and a USB converter to allow data transfer to a PC. The unit scans at around A5 size, but comes with built in software that allows several scans of a larger document to be 'stitched' together into one. It can be operated as either a straightforward document scanner in the conventional way, or with it's lid removed, can be held over photographs in albums, and records that can't be removed for scanning in the conventional way. A brilliant piece of kit!