Profile for devsie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Darl Magicks:Two Stories
Darl Magicks:Two Stories

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, 3 Jun 2014
The stories were ok, but be aware they are very short. There wasn't really enough time to develop much of a storyline really.

Think I'd finished the book within an hour.

I am a Katherine Kerr fan and thoroughly enjoyed her Deverry series.

Hoover WDYN855D-80 Dynamic 8kg Wash And 5kg Dry 1400rpm Freestanding Washer Dryer In White

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps on breaking., 29 May 2014
I bought a Hoover Washer Dryer WDYN 885D (not via Amazon as it happens, but I'm posting a review as a warning for others).

It broke within 3 months and we had to get their mechanics out. Then it broke again after 9 months and again had the unpleasant task of having to get their mechanics out to fix it.

Now it's broken for a 3rd time and it's still not 18 months old. They tell me I'm going to have to pay in full to have it fixed again. On both the second and third breakages I asked for a replacement product or a refund as I have lost all faith in their machines. That was declined. I can't believe they supply a product that can't last the first three months and then don't want to take responsibility for it. (And just to clarify, there was no heavy or unusual usage of the machine, there's only 2 of us)

Their customer service has been awkward and overly time consuming. Having to chase them about appointment times etc.

I will not be purchasing Hoover again.

Blackspur BB-KP106 Gel Filled Knee Pad
Blackspur BB-KP106 Gel Filled Knee Pad

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I get these before?, 15 Aug 2013
Why didn't I get these before? I'm always doing general DIY and gardening tasks and should've got these ages ago. It makes life so much easier. Also a great replacement instead of a kneeling matt in the garden.

As for the actual product... I find the elasticated strap too long, which means that the amount of velcro that actually touches is very small and thus they don't feel as secure and can come off. And yes my legs/knees are a normal size. :) Such a shame as otherwise very good product.
The protective pad is good. The cushioning is comfortable. And when on and secure they don't in the way if you're up and walking around too.

Lightload Beach Towels(90x150cm),The Only Beach Towels That Fit in Your Pocket (Colours May Vary)
Offered by Lightload Towels

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Aug 2013
Excellent towel. Comes as a cool small hockey puck like disc thing.

I use mine for the gym as it's a lot smaller and lighter than a regular towel. It's a good size for after a shower and dries quickly too ready for using again.

My first one had a lot of use and lasted about a year before it thinned centrally and perforated. But that hasn't put me off purchasing another one recently, which is why i'm back to review. :)

Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light
Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Good brightness, 1 Nov 2012
Came quickly, with batteries.

Easy to hook up, hook rotates to allow most angles.
Magnets strong enough to hold it up.
Good brightness to the light.

Very pleased.

Silverline SL05 Post Level 135mm
Silverline SL05 Post Level 135mm

2.0 out of 5 stars Crooked, 14 Oct 2012
Well the elastic band perished almost immediately, but that's easily changed.

However, after a few uses I noticed the level isn't level. One of the levels would show something being vertical, then changing position and using the other level it would show it as wrong.
Went back to using a normal level.

Ornamental Cat Flower Pot
Ornamental Cat Flower Pot
Offered by UK Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ornamental Cat Flower Pot
Very pleased with it. Weathering well so far (6 months).
It's a 'resin', so it was a lot lighter than I'd expected. I don't suppose it really matter though, it hasn't blown over or anything.

Botanico Let's Grow Window Sill Greenhouse with Coir Starter Pellets
Botanico Let's Grow Window Sill Greenhouse with Coir Starter Pellets
Offered by Online Garden Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Very please, 26 Mar 2012
Unlike one review, the product I recieved fitted together perfectly. There are a few air vent around the lid edge to let some air in & the guide suggests propping the lid open after germination to get some more air in there.

The lid and base are a bit thin/flimsy, but so long as they're not handled roughly should be fine. The base has a groove that makes for easy watering

The Coir pellets were good and expanded well. Saw some seeds start to germinate very quickly. All in all i'm pleased.

FoneM8 - HTC Desire PREMIUM Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder Kit INCLUDES Car Charger

2.0 out of 5 stars Long term view, 23 Nov 2011
I've had this for quite a while now. The suction was fine for probably about 6months. It came off and I re-attached a few times. Each time it seems to stay on for a shorter period and now i can't really get it to adhere for more than a few hours.

The clip at the top does keep the phone very securely in place - but it also makes it very awkward to remove. Which in turn probably contributed to it dislodging the first few times.

MAST DIGITAL 5m Twin Satellite Shotgun Cable Extension Kit with Premium Fitted Compression F Connectors for Sky and Freesat - Black
Offered by MAST DIGITAL

5.0 out of 5 stars V. Good, 23 Nov 2011
Prompt delivery.
Cable works fine.
Now have a couple of left over F-connectors.
I had thought 5m was going to be far too much. In fact, it's only just a little bit over what I needed. Remember if you're going around corners etc it's worth measuring it.

Page: 1 | 2