Profile for A. J. Bates > Reviews

Best of Nickelback Volume 1
Best of Nickelback Volume 1
Price: 6.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 24 April 2014
No surprises on a 'best of' anything. Enjoyable album of familiar tracks. I will buy volume 2 when it comes out.

About the Children (Serious Crimes Team Book 1)
About the Children (Serious Crimes Team Book 1)
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent murder mystery, 24 April 2014
Carol Westron writes very complex plots with very human characters. I am looking forward to the next in the series.

After Glow (Harmony)
After Glow (Harmony)
by Jayne Castle
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.82

4.0 out of 5 stars After Glow, 7 Nov 2013
Enjoyable light action/romance of the expected quality from Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle for her sci-fi Harmony series.

The Terminal Velocity of Cats (Mia Trent Scene of Crimes Mysteries Book 1)
The Terminal Velocity of Cats (Mia Trent Scene of Crimes Mysteries Book 1)
Price: 2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The Terminal Velocity of Cats, 7 Nov 2013
Well written, with enough twists and turns that I didn't spot the villain until very near the reveal and even then I wasn't sure I was right. I liked the fact that the tedium of crime scene work wasn't glossed over with the more exciting times. The heroine was well rounded and had human reactions to life and irritating colleagues. The title was explained which I appreciated as it was the title that attracted me to the book in the first place.
My Kindle version finished neatly at the bottom of a page and I spent a couple of minutes jabbing buttons trying to get to the next page when there wasn't one. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Wyrd Sisters: A Discworld Novel: 6
Wyrd Sisters: A Discworld Novel: 6
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Wyrd Sisters, 20 Jan 2010
I bought this as a gift. It is one of the early Discworld novels that feature Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg up in the Ramtop Mountains a long way from the dubiously civilised streets of Ankh-Morpork. Granny Weatherwax is one of my favourite characters in the Discworld series (so far).

The Colour of Magic: The First  Discworld Novel: 1
The Colour of Magic: The First Discworld Novel: 1
by Terry Pratchett
Price: 5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars The Colour of Magic, 20 Jan 2010
This is the first of the Discworld novels and I bought it as a gift. I read it many years ago and enjoyed it, especially the footnotes. The Discworld has evolved a lot since this one was first published and the footnotes have all but vanished. This first tale features the Unseen University in Ankh-Morpork and Rincewind's struggle to remain a student for as long as possible. It is a good place to start the series of around thirty-seven books and their diverse settings and charcters.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP F2280 Printer, 15 July 2009
This is a very good, cheap printer. The copy function works well. The scan and the photoediting software included are very good. I have been able to work with old family photos and even negatives to produce decent images. The print quality is very good with documents and photos. A very good all round option. I was so impressed with mine that I bought a second one for my son. If you intend to do a lot of printing the larger ink cartridges are a must.