Profile for Nickynoobs > Reviews

Content by Nickynoobs

Nickynoobs

London With The Lights On (Deluxe)
London With The Lights On (Deluxe)
Offered by Kelly's Heroes

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting mixture, 8 July 2013
Stooshe have produced a mixed bag of songs here. But they are none the worse for that. Black Heart is wonderful but my favourite is My Man Mix (a reggae-ish dance song) which is my song of the summer. Play this as you are driving around with the roof down.

Our Version of Events [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Our Version of Events [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 8 July 2013
This CD has been in the album charts for more than 62 weeks beating the previous record set by the Beetles 50 years ago. And it is well deserved. I played this non stop for a month. She has a really distinctive style. And some of these songs will be around for years. I can see Next to Me being played at Weddings for instance.

Walking Trolley
Walking Trolley
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful indoors, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Walking Trolley
My aged mother uses this trolley inside. It gives her confidence when she is walking to the other end of the house. She can also put a cup of tea on the trolley and her paper and take that safely along too.

PS I paid for this CD with my own money. This is money on which I paid tax. I haven't avoided paying my FAIR SHARE of UK tax. Does Amazon pay it's fair share of tax like me???

All The Best
All The Best

4.0 out of 5 stars All the Best is right, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: All The Best (Audio CD)
All the good stuff from Tina, across the years. From the early ones like River Deep Mountain High which still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up to Something Special from 2004. She is such a great singer.

"Yours Truly, Cellophane Nose"
"Yours Truly, Cellophane Nose"
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Oct 2012
I don't often get obsessional about a CD. But this is superb. I am playing it non stop. The Guardian said it was 5* and I, for one, am not about to disagree.

Philips HD4656/22 Energy Efficient Kettle Bullet Gloss Metal 3.0KW, 1.7L
Philips HD4656/22 Energy Efficient Kettle Bullet Gloss Metal 3.0KW, 1.7L

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice kettle, 21 Aug 2012
This is a nice kettle to use. You can see how much water you have put in and you can boil small amounts to save energy if you want. However the lid has a dip in the top and when you fill the kettle up from the tap, you sometimes get water in the lid. Then when you fill your cup the cold lid water spills out, which is a bit annoying.

Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gritty realism, 16 Aug 2011

I watched the third series on TV which was superb too. But I love French films so I might just be prejudiced. Anyway I had to get the DVDs of the first 2 series to find out how it all started.

It's an ensemble piece following the working lives of 3 cops and 3 lawyers in a very down at heel modern Paris well off the tourist route. Bright colours are banned - it has a seedy green hue - the colour of all those poor apartments in American movies. Laure the female lead detective is a heroine for a feminist future. I love her. There are lots of bad people in high places trying to warp justice and the lawyers and police are all compromised in some way. It isn't original - it's just done very, very well.

But are the French police really allowed to rough up suspects like this?

Panasonic Viera TX-L42U2B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview
Panasonic Viera TX-L42U2B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but ..., 22 Sep 2010
The picture on this TV is great. But the instruction booklet leaves a lot to be desired. Take a weekend to work through it. Why do manufacturers give you so many great features and then don't explain them clearly? Was the instruction booklet written by an English graduate or even an English speaker - I don't think so!! It means you never really get the best out of whatever you have bought. Modern life eh...