Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bosch PSR Select Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with 3.6 V Battery, 1.5 Ah
Bosch PSR Select Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with 3.6 V Battery, 1.5 Ah

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and handle Ordered on Saturday, 21 Mar. 2016
Just the right size and weight. Easy to use and handle
Ordered on Saturday, delivered on Sunday, cant complain about that!

The Mortalis: Beyond the Stars
The Mortalis: Beyond the Stars

1.0 out of 5 stars This is something I do not like doing. But this book is a real work ..., 8 Feb. 2016
This is something I do not like doing. But this book is a real work in progress and although I did read to the end, I am torn between wishing I hadnt and glad I did. The heroine is supposed to be some super martial arts commander of a team of almost ninja soldiers. Yet at the first sign of trouble, she steps behind her sergeant. Not something to buile confidenc and trust in her leaderrship. She is constantly being knocked unconcious, out thought, tricked, by the oppostion. It feels that the author wanted to get a three part story into one part and had to side step a lot. There are thee 'races' of people one of which is etheral in nature and can be wherever they want, whenever they want, yet when most needed, dont show up. I really did want to like the heroine, and see her use her skills, but apart from braining her friend in a training exercise, not something a tenth dan in any martial art would do, she is the one getting brained for real.
I am not inclined to buy the next book in the series, but almost might as I am so worried she will get herself killed. Would I pay for a copy of this book? no. At least, not until the author re reads it and sorts his heroine out.

Planet Urth (Book 1) (Planet Urth Series)
Planet Urth (Book 1) (Planet Urth Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, bad detail, 29 April 2015
Well, this is a survivor story. Trouble is, I don't believe these people would survive. Avery and June, maybe. But the folks she meets? They are supposed to have survived as a family unit yet they fail to follow basic survival rules. No keeping lookout or watching for trouble, no immediate reaction to warnings of attack, the way that distances became longer and shorter depending on what the authors want to do in the time. This is a good story line,the two girls characters were developed quite well, but the story falls over in its detail. And yes I would like to read more but I would not want to pay money until I know the authors have better critics reading the pre published books. And yes I would be willing to do this as I would like to see how the tale develops.

Legend Of The Sword (In Her Name, Book 2)
Legend Of The Sword (In Her Name, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding series., 29 April 2015
I have now read the complete series so far and sm (impatiently) wating for the last book of 'The First Empress' to be released. I cannot give high enough credit for the series. The plot, the characters, the way the aliens psyche works, in fact the total package, hangs together beautifully. The author never deviates from the way the Kreelan Empire would or should act, and the way the human politics work and interact. If you never read sci fi, or if you never read another sci fi book, this is the one to read. I loved the way characters are grown as the the story unfolds. The way the Empire views the Honour of being the Messenger, the way Reza grows into the full character, but I wont add spoilers.
So go read all of them. I did. And I just wish there could be more. Michael Hicks has created a universe that is believable, understandable, and possible to believe will exist.

Confederation (In Her Name, Book 5)
Confederation (In Her Name, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really love this series, 29 Mar. 2015
Really love this series. The characters are well defined, the motives well explained and developed as the story contiues, all in all one of the best reads for some time.

The Tinkerer's Daughter
The Tinkerer's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Feb. 2015
Beautifuly written, the heroine's character is really well developed and captivates from the first few chapters.

Starship's Mage: Episode 1 (Starship's Mage Episodes)
Starship's Mage: Episode 1 (Starship's Mage Episodes)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved this book, 1 Feb. 2015
Dont often do this, read book one and bought the omnibus. I really loved this book. The hero character was well developed, the story line was interesting and intriguing, the science,not to sure, but hey it is SF!
All in all i loved reading and look forward to more books in the series.

MoonFall (MoonFall Series Book 1)
MoonFall (MoonFall Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars One of those books which seemed to promise more but ..., 1 Feb. 2015
One of those books which seemed to promise more but didn't finally deliver. I found I had no real sympathy for the hero, the science of the moon exploding and the aftermath didnt seem to add up. All in all I am not to bothered to read the next book in the series

Open Minds (Mindjack Saga Book 1)
Open Minds (Mindjack Saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange feeling reading this, 1 July 2013
I wanted to put it down as the character of Kira annoyed me, but the more I read the more she became real. Good book

The Last Colony (Old Man's War Book 3)
The Last Colony (Old Man's War Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent series, 16 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, and the series. Well written, good interplay between characters, not too much information given allowing the reader to visualise the events instead of being spoonfed details.

Page: 1 | 2