Profile for Kayk > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The red man turns to green: an assortment of short stories
The red man turns to green: an assortment of short stories

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost my patience, didn't finish it, 19 April 2014
I think I got past a few stories before I lost my patience and stopped reading this. I really did not enjoy it.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars So poignant but beautiful, 19 April 2014
This is a very mature story involving 2 teenagers. So poignant, so delicately written, the story stays with you for days after you have finished reading it. So sad that these 2 teenagers are suffering from cancer, and yet are so brave to keep living their lives.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 19 April 2014
This was a really good story of a husband's dark secret, and how the wife deals with it when she finds out. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is that the ending was a bit too prolonged, it should have ended sooner.

Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)
Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and enthralling, 19 April 2014
I really enjoyed the writing in this book. Despite it revolving around one individual, you are completely engrossed in his life.

Trouble
Trouble

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and romantic, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Trouble (Kindle Edition)
This book offers some good escapism and isn't too different from other romances about women running away from violent husbands and then finding somebody who's tall, dark, handsome whom she lives happily ever after with. Aaah, if only life was this simple.

A Little Love (No Greater Love)
A Little Love (No Greater Love)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little boring, 19 April 2014
This book was written in a bit too much detail and I lost my patience with it a little. Once you got past the climax, the book quickly became uninteresting and I didn't even finish it. I found it a bit boring.

Gemini 2014: Your Personal Horoscope
Gemini 2014: Your Personal Horoscope

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, light reading, 19 April 2014
I'm into astrology, and I love to know what's going to happen to me in the future. Whilst I appreciate the disadvantages of sun sign predictions, this book is a nice, light read. I like how it goes into the details of which dates are good/bad and I also like how the planets' positions are mentioned. I've been buying Joseph Polansky's horoscopes for a few years now, and despite them never really predicting anything right, I enjoy them. Good for those who enjoy some light astrology, without believing in it too much.

Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale
Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but fat reading is unpredictable, 19 April 2014
This is a good machine and provides an accurate weight reading. However, the claims it makes to read your fat % and water % are not quite right. It sometimes does not give a fat reading at all, despite standing on the machine for 2-3 mins as per the instructions. And I'm also not sure that the fat reading is accurate. I wouldn't buy this again.

Unintended Consequences (Help Innocent Prisoners Project)
Unintended Consequences (Help Innocent Prisoners Project)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliffhanger, 19 April 2014
This was a cliffhanger of a story, every step was riddled with obstacles and you waited with bated breath as to what the next step would be. Very interesting, with a lovely ending.

Make it Rain (The Montclair Brothers Book 1)
Make it Rain (The Montclair Brothers Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars So, so, good for passing time, 19 April 2014
This was a very predictable story, which, even if you jumped a few pages, you could easily get the thread of.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4