Profile for Jord > Reviews

Content by Jord

Jord

Art Naturals Argan Oil Hair Mask 8 oz - Infused with 100% Organic Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera & Keratin
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves hair super soft, 27 Jun. 2016
I'm really enjoying using this product at the moment. It smells really good and leaves my hair feeling very soft and smooth. I wonder if the amount of argan oil in it is good though as it's pretty far down on the ingredients list. I don't have any argan oil hair products to compare it with. Either way, this was a nice affordable product that I've enjoyed using and has left my hair feeling better!

Ryan Mcginley: Way Far
Ryan Mcginley: Way Far
by Gus Van Sant

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book from Ryan McGinley, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Ryan Mcginley: Way Far (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely beautiful book from Ryan McGinley. I have only recently become aware of him and his work..for anyone with an interest in him or this style of photography, I would say this would be a much desired addition to your book collection! A lovely hardback with large printed images (always a plus!) For the amount of images included in this book as well as the variety I think it's great for the price. Couldn't recommend more!

Supreme: Downtown New York Skate Culture
Supreme: Downtown New York Skate Culture
by James Jebbia

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with this book, 28 Aug. 2012
I bought this book purely for the photography. I don't know a lot about the history of Supreme but I was pretty disappointed with the content of the book after finally getting the opportunity to look through. I hoped to find a book full of photographs of skateboarding and all things revolving around that subject. Instead I found that this book is based more around Supreme as a fashion with photographs of well known faces wearing shirts that displayed the brand. The book (in my opinion) wasn't really about skateboarding at all, it was about a brand and that brand being a fashion statement. Had I known what the content of this book would've been I wouldn't have purchased it. The use of the words "skate culture" within the title of this book are really quite misleading. I don't feel that this book touches upon skate culture very much at all. There are probably a total of 4/5 pages that do so..the rest of the books content is a dull waste of paper and print.

Long Live The Struggle
Long Live The Struggle

1.0 out of 5 stars I want my ten pounds back., 11 July 2012
This review is from: Long Live The Struggle (Audio CD)
Okay, so just for the record..I have been a King Blues fan for about 2/3 years now. I really love Under the Fog and Save the World, Get the Girl. Punk and Poetry had a few good tracks on there but it also had quite a few not so good ones..in my personal opinion. I wasn't particularly ecstatic for this latest album to come out, given my feelings towards the last album. I began to get excited however after seeing very positive comments from fans on Itch's Twitter..though I did wonder if I was missing the negative comments purely because it was what Itch was choosing to repost. I was really irritated when I read that the album was not being put on Spotify..I mean, why not? What's the harm? I don't like buying albums without hearing them first because there's always that chance that you aren't going to like that album's content and I'd much rather avoid that disappointment. Nevertheless, curiosity got the better of me and I made a trip to my local HMV to buy the album. When I got home I put the album on for me and my boyfriend (also a King Blues fan) to listen to. The first track did not create a good feeling about what the rest of the album would be like. I could hear autotune in Itch's vocals -it was awful! Beyond that the sound was so different to the rest of The King Blues stuff, which might work sometimes but in this instance it was just done badly. I allowed a few more songs to play and things didn't get much better. My boyfriend and I being big Rancid fans skipped to the track featuring Tim Armstrong in the hope that Tim would save this album for us. No. I don't even know why Tim Armstrong's name is on that track. He only appears singing backing vocals on the chorus. To put it respectfully, this album is absolutely terrible. I wish I'd have paid more attention to what people were saying elsewhere on the internet now in terms of the album as after listening to it and heading on over to the bands Facebook page, I could see that I wasn't the only person to feel this way. Maybe then I wouldn't have handed over my cash for this album so swiftly. It's a complete waste of time, energy and money and such a shame that THIS is what people's last memories of The King Blues will be as this isn't The King Blues at all. This is just bad. I can also see why it wasn't put on Spotify initially now. If this had gone on Spotify, I can guarantee that album sales would have seriously declined. This album is nothing but a disappointment and I really wish I could get my ten quid back. I don't even want this CD in my house, it's so appalling.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 9:02 PM BST

Come As You Are: The Story Of Nirvana
Come As You Are: The Story Of Nirvana
by Michael Azerrad

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ANY NIRVANA FAN, 30 Dec. 2011
This is the only book on the band I own and probably will own. As it was written when they were all still alive and together and they contributed to it, I feel it's the most reliable as it's not biased at all. I found it really hard to put this book down. It is so very interesting. It tells the story of the band really well and gives a great understanding to the members and their lives too. If you're a fan of Nirvana, don't even question it. Just buy it. It's not expensive and regardless of what the cost is, it is completely worth it 100%!!