Profile for helsbels > Reviews

Content by helsbels

helsbels

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apple iPhone 4 / 4G / 4S - Premium Quality 100% Genuine Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch With Stand Feature + Screen Protector With Microfibre Polishing Cloth + Mini Touch Screen Stulus Pen By CCUK
Offered by CASE COLLECTION LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, no tacky writing or logos on outside and ..., 2 Jan. 2015
Very good, no tacky writing or logos on outside and I'm happy. These things don't last forever but my last one lasted over two years and I only changed when I got a new phone.

Big Bargain 100pcs 3x1mm Super Strong Disc Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets N35 Craft Model New
Offered by Virtual Studio

4.0 out of 5 stars These were smaller than I had hoped but instead of ..., 2 Jan. 2015
These were smaller than I had hoped but instead of one magnet per peg (fridge magnet project) I used three....they are very strong and arrived promptly.

100 x 12oz Double Wall/Ripple Paper Cups + 100 Lids
100 x 12oz Double Wall/Ripple Paper Cups + 100 Lids
Offered by PC Outlet \ Thali Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
Perfect, as described and will save a fortune on the Costas together with new coffee machine!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Nov. 2014
Does exactly what it says!

Ivy Lane: Winter: Part 4
Ivy Lane: Winter: Part 4

4.0 out of 5 stars A calendar year at the Ivy Lane allotments, 23 Nov. 2014
I've read all four of the Ivy Lane series. Each part is cleverly written around our changing seasons and centres at the Ivy Lane allotments. I'm a keen gardener and it was fun to read about love and life in a year in this environment. The books are feel good stories which centre on Tilly Parker and her new life following a very sad time. I loved the light and easy read of four short and often funny tales and at 99p a book on kindle you can't go wrong really.

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard

4.0 out of 5 stars Moral dilemmas galore, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. The story begins at The Old Bailey and retrospectively tells the tale of a fifty something woman who takes part in a seemingly uncomplicated and spontaneous encounter. What follows in this well constructed plot is unpredictable drama and much soul searching from the protagonist. It's a great read bought at a bargain price on my kindle!

ELEGANCE Women`s 3/4 Under Knee Laced Length Stretch Crop Quality Leggings (Small UK 8/10, White)
Offered by Elegance1234

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to the summer wardrobe, 9 July 2014
I bought this item for my holiday to wear in the evenings with different tunic tops. They are comfy and soft and although they won't last forever I'm happy with them.

Before We Met
Before We Met

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Before We Met (Kindle Edition)
I'm rather tired this morning having stayed awake late into the night to finish this book. The plot for 'Before We Met' has been well described in many reviews so I won't repeat others comments except to say that I fully endorse those reviews which say what a brilliant psychological thriller this is. The author is able to fully transport you to 'Quarrendon Street' where you get a real sense of a young married couple starting out in life. The different characters and settings throughout the novel are well described and in particular the main characters Hannah and Mark are truly believable. I did wonder if this novel was to bring about a predictable end. Not so! A grippingly scary finale had me turning pages well into the early hours until I could be sure who did what! Well worth a read.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

4.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Rachel Abbot novel. It only cost £2.99 so I wasn't really expecting much. I did however thoroughly enjoy it. It's a shocking tale of unrequited and obsessive love. There are chilling moments when you question the plot and ask would someone really do that? Sadly though I believe they would. The characters are all believable. In particular Olivia's determination and the lengths she would go to, to protect her children, is one any mother will identify with. By the time I reached the last few chapters it was impossible to put the kindle down and off I went reading into the early hours and not at all disappointed that I did. I've since downloaded Only the Innocent (which may infact be her first novel?) and am pleased that we meet up again with the same detective and who has his own story to tell. I read few thrillers largely because I've no desire to frighten myself unnecessarily. This book contains just the right amount of heart thumping anticipation and I would definitely recommend it.

Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another spectacular page turner!, 10 May 2014
I actually felt bereft when I'd finished Be Careful What You Wish For, the fourth book in Archer's Barrington family saga. Quite frankly it's another epic read. I chose to reread book 3 again since it was a while ago when I finished it and to remind myself of the cliffhanger we'd been left with. As with all my reviews I cannot spoil the plot for you: what I will say is yet again there are twists and turns, events you wouldn't expect and all perfectly plausible in the life of a Barrington et al. Right from the very begining Archer surprises you, midway through an "I didn't see that coming" moment takes your breath away, through to the gripping end, when we realise we have to wait yet another year for book five! I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4