Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen (Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The CPO: Transforming Procurement in the Real World
The CPO: Transforming Procurement in the Real World
by Christian Schuh

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Once you pick this book up you won't be able to put it down!, 5 Feb. 2015
I bought this book as a Christmas present to myself and then left if gathering dust as I thought it was going to be a bit dry and boring. How wrong could I have been. A great fictional account of what a great CPO can do to turn an organisations procurement practice around I couldn't put it down.
A great way to find out what great looks like. Now to put it into practice.....

Skills: Soccer - Goalkeeping (Know the Game)
Skills: Soccer - Goalkeeping (Know the Game)
by Paul Fairclough

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for young budding goalies, 20 May 2013
All the tips a young goalie needs for training and improvement. The language and pictures are ideal for a primary school level learner

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little note book, 20 May 2013
I got this for my 9 year old son as a birthday present. He loves it! Lovely thick pages and the zebra look is brilliant

Fastest [DVD]
Fastest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars A great film but..., 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Fastest [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great film. The only thing is that Vale says a few naughty words which meant a bit of coughing on my part when my 8 year old bike mad son was watching it.

DeWalt DCK211S2 10.8V Subcompact Combo Drill Plus Impact Driver in Kitbag
DeWalt DCK211S2 10.8V Subcompact Combo Drill Plus Impact Driver in Kitbag

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great drill set, 3 Mar. 2013
Got this for my husband for Christmas and he loves it. Although you would think a small drill like this can't handle big jobs he has used this for everthing from motorcycle maintenance to replacing a window. Well worth the money

Hornby R8223 00 Gauge Track Extension Pack C
Hornby R8223 00 Gauge Track Extension Pack C

5.0 out of 5 stars All parts there and arrived on time, 3 Mar. 2013
If you've bought a starter pack you actually really need to buy all the bits up to F to do all the track in the map you get with the train. We now have a bit left over waiting for E and F (we have A-D). Not a problem but it does lead to a boy (or girl) with the expectation that you're going to buy them some more tracks!

The Baptist Health Care Journey to Excellence: Creating a Culture that WOWs!
The Baptist Health Care Journey to Excellence: Creating a Culture that WOWs!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books on organisational excellence I've ever read!, 22 Jan. 2013
Don't let the title put you off. This book is full of inspiration and pointers to show you how to take your organisation from mediocre to excellent. Easy to read you'll find lots of information to use. I loved it and have recommended it to many friends in management and leadership positions.

LEGO City 7994: Ultimate Harbour
LEGO City 7994: Ultimate Harbour
Offered by Toyshelf - IN STOCK, READY TO DISPATCH.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate lego, 29 April 2012
The boat is massive and yes it does float as we've tried it out in the bath. At the pricey end of the Lego range but worth it.

The One Thing You Need to Know: ... About Great Managing, Great Leading and Sustained Individual Success
by Marcus Buckingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid stuff, 29 Feb. 2012
I've really enjoyed this book. Plenty of tips about managing, leading and individual success which draw on Marcus Buckingham's extensive research and contacts with "captains of industry". I'm doing research on management and this is a book not to be missed

Bare Knuckle People Management: Creating Success with the Team You Have - Winners, Losers, Misfits, and All
by Sean O'Neil

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining take on managing people, 29 Feb. 2012
This is a great book! It not only gives you a way to categorise the people who work for you, but it also tells you what to do next to get the best out of them. It's entertaining and well written. Some of the examples are a bit US centric but I wouldn't let that put you off. I have been forcing my colleagues to borrow and read my copy ever since I finished it.

Page: 1 | 2