Profile for Emanuele Merlo > Reviews

Content by Emanuele Merlo

Emanuele Merlo (16013 Campo Ligure, Genoa Italy)

Panasonic DMW-BLE9, DMW-BLE9E, DMW-BLG10, DMW-BLG10E PREMIUM Replacement Rechargeable Camera Battery from Dot.Foto [See Description for Compatibility]
Offered by PowerPlanet

The Essential Einaudi
The Essential Einaudi

2.0 out of 5 stars Too similar, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Essential Einaudi (Audio CD)
[Sorry for my poor English]
This album is not bad, but the tracks are too similar to the arrangements of Einaudi. I was expecting a reinterpretation, while listening
this versione you get the impression that the effort of Limb has been to sound more similar to the original author. I exepected that Limb adds something more personal, a new interpretation.
Despite this it's not unpleasant to listen to, but it don't have the same character and emotion of the original tracks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 4:40 PM BST

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks

2.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to find Mike Oldfield here, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
[Sorry for my poor english]
No person be sorry more than me to say that this album is a disappointment.
I'm a fan of Mike Oldfield from early '70s, I have all his records and I knew that Man On The Rocks it would be something different from the previous albums. I had also read the reviews and knew I had to wait a pop/rock album not instrumental.
Despite after listen that several times I can't like it, it's not a Mike Oldfield album. If I'd listened without read his name on the cover, I would definitely not recognized and even fewer would have bought it.
In the past I also appreciated his pop records, but I find that this has no character, the style has passed (80s pop) and no song sticks in your head.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2014 2:50 AM BST

Giants
Giants

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Giants (Audio CD)
It's not common in this kind of music do something new and great after more than 10 years of activity. Chicane have made it.

Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies
by Lee Varis

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basical, 18 Mar. 2014
It may be my mistake, but when I purchased this book I thought it was a textbook for advanced photo editing (something like the books by Katrin Eismann) specialized for the skin. When I had it in hand, I discovered that it was a collection of basical tutorials. Only two stars because the same informations are not hard to find for free on the net.