Profile for HenryF > Reviews

HenryF

Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product, 17 Sept. 2011
I chose this Freeview + PVR based on the Which recommendation, and it has lived up to its billing as an excellent product. So far I've been very pleased with it, and am still getting to know it to use it to the full.

I've encountered a couple of small snags with it; 1) the case feels as though it wouldn't stand having other boxes stacked on top of it, so I've had to stack this box on top of narrower boxes 2) the automatic station search found the weakest signals first for the most popular channels, and assigned them to 1, 2, 3 etc. I've been unable so far to re-assign these and consequently the watchable signals for BBC1 etc all have obscure numbers assigned. I'll seek help from Humax support on this one.

Johnny Boy Would Love This...A Tribute To John Martyn
Johnny Boy Would Love This...A Tribute To John Martyn
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations, 17 Sept. 2011
As a long-time fan of John Martyn, I looked forward to this tribute album with high expectations, but have been disappointed by it. The tracks are familiar, but most of the artistes are not familiar, and few of the performances are worthy of inclusion. I'll stick to listening to the real thing.

Braun Oral-B Hummingbird Power Flosser & Pick - Starter Kit 284222
Braun Oral-B Hummingbird Power Flosser & Pick - Starter Kit 284222

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful gadget, 11 Jun. 2011
The Hummingbird is a gadget that really works; it's a flossing device which gets into the awkward spaces easily and cleans them efectively.

Vocabularies
Vocabularies

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding artistry, captured on a wonderful album, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Vocabularies (Audio CD)
Suffice to say that after hearing this album on an airline audio, I ordered the CD as soon as I could. Bobby McFerrin has set his standards high, showcased his wonderful talents and musicality and has given us this excellent album. The on-line reviews of the album describe the content and the immense work which went into the planning and recording in great detail. If you appreciate great music from a hugely talented artiste, then you should own this album; it's as simple as that.