Profile for Ethelred > Reviews

Content by Ethelred

Ethelred

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bristan EVC ADR01 C EVO Chrome Plated Riser Rail with Adjustable Fixing Brackets - Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but only rotates to 45 degrees from the wall., 3 July 2016
Nice looking design and easy to fit using existing holes but if you're looking to install this over a bath be aware that the shower head holder only rotates to a maximum of 45 degrees downwards. We much prefer to angle the shower at more or less 90 degrees to the wall and wouldn't have purchased this if we'd known. It's not really made clear until you install it.

Also, the grub screw holes on the wall stand off brackets are visible from underneath and really should have little cover inserts to conceal them, but they're not included. Looks a bit cheap and unfinished to be honest..

All in all quite disappointed with this from Bristan.

Lower East Men's American Boxer Shorts, 6-pack -  Multicoloured - X-Large
Lower East Men's American Boxer Shorts, 6-pack - Multicoloured - X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 July 2016
Comfy waistband but shrank 1" in the leg department after one 40 degree wash. Buy them 2 sizes larger.

Mann+Hummel HU7215X Oil Filter
Mann+Hummel HU7215X Oil Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars It's exactly the same as the OEM, 14 May 2016
Far less expensive than buying from BMW. It's exactly the same as the OEM one it replaced. Car seems to be running much sweeter too. Result.

febi bilstein 23683 Cabin Filter / Pollen Filter
febi bilstein 23683 Cabin Filter / Pollen Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality than OEM, 14 May 2016
Fitted in 5 minutes to a BMW 123d. Exact fit and looks to be better quality than the OEM one it replaced. Stamped "Made in Germany". Very pleased.

Checked Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Shirt Long Sleeve Slim Fit Size S M L XL XXL (XL, Red)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality if it's a real one., 9 May 2016
After wearing this shirt twice (without washing inbetween) the buttons are falling off. They have not been stitched on correctly and are unravelling. Not sure if this is a real Ralph Lauren shirt or a very good quality fake. It certainly looked the part, but then again, I'm no expert.

Stanley STHT0-72655 1/4-Inch and 1/2-Inch Tech3 Screwdriver Socket Set (78-Piece)

2.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT INCLUDE A 20mm SOCKET, 18 April 2016
I'm writing this review because I can't seem to find any mention of the fact that this set DOES NOT INCLUDE A 20mm SOCKET. No idea if this is usually the case with socket sets but the one socket I really needed for a specific job was a 20mm!!! It clearly shows all the sizes included on the outer carton and 20mm is not included (10-19mm then 21,22,24,26,28,30,32mm in 1/2" and 4-14mm in 1/4")

Also. Mine arrived with a hex bit missing from the rubber holder and both of the wrenches had a lot of bearing slop and looked in used condition with chips and dings out of the edge etc.

Disappointed. I sent it straight back.

Kuhn Rikon Bread Knife, Stainless Steel, Brown
Kuhn Rikon Bread Knife, Stainless Steel, Brown
Offered by K Master

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Bread Knife in the World?, 7 Jan. 2016
This is the best bread knife I've ever used. It just glides through everything , effortlessly. Even still warm freshly baked bread. Cutting bread is now actually a pleasure rather than a chore. Awesome product.

Denamarin for Large Dogs Tablets 425 mg, Pack of 30 Tablets
Denamarin for Large Dogs Tablets 425 mg, Pack of 30 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but they work., 7 Jan. 2016
Our 12 1/2 year old English Springer was recently diagnosed with impaired liver function. She was constantly thirsty and could not get through the night without wetting herself. After 2 days on Denamarin she's no longer thirsty all the time and has not wet herself since. Fingers crossed but so far so good.
If her tests indicate that she needs to remain on them I will certainly be buying these from Amazon in the future. I usually don't mind paying over the odds for our best friends medication , she's also on long term Onsior and Gabapentin, but, our vet charged £117 for a box of 30 of these. Ludicrous money.
So Awesome Amazon. Thank YOU!!

Seiko Mechanical SARB035 Men's Watch Japan import
Seiko Mechanical SARB035 Men's Watch Japan import

5.0 out of 5 stars I Think I'm in Love., 29 Oct. 2015
If you're reading this then I guess you'll already know what this watch represents.

I had a couple of concerns before I took the plunge but they were completely ill founded, as it turns out.

Seriously. I cannot fault the one I bought from here on Amazon.

Wondering about the famed Seiko misaligned chapter ring? Err nope, it's bang on - even under a 10x loupe.

Poor quality hands and hour marker batons? Err nope (I have a 1965 gold Rolex Precision with a similar face and hands and these are just as good - if not better)

The warranty is only valid in Japan? Well mine came with a warranty card stamped by Amazon.jp so I'm hoping it will be honoured if ever needed.

The bracelet? A lot of complaints on the internet regarding this but it fits my 7 1/2 inch wrist perfectly straight out of the box. No adjustment required. Guess it was meant to be.

Yes the packaging is poor. It's certainly no Apple experience when you come to open it up.. But, the quality of the watch itself ? It certainly makes up for that. It's a joy to behold. That Sapphire crystal and the sunburst inlay on the dial just bounces the light like a good quality diamond should.

If you're considering buying one of these then just go for it. I'm so glad I did ( and hey, thanks Amazon!)

I might just add that I paid £265 for this watch. To be honest, if you stuck a nought on the end of that I'd still be happy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2016 7:40 AM GMT

Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best value upgrade I've ever made., 21 Oct. 2015
Blimey. I just installed an 850 Evo in my 5 year old Toshiba A660 and it worked!

Can't believe how easy it was.

I simply unplugged my old (and very slow and noisy) HDD, Plugged in the Samsung Evo. Used the Toshiba restore discs that i'd previously created and Voila! A bit of a while later I'd loaded Windows 7.

After loading up the Samsung Magic facility and running the RAPID optimisation?

Christ on a Bike. This thing is ridiculously quick. My 5 year old laptop now boots in 15 seconds and everything is just flying......

If you're on the fence regarding an SSD. Just do it.

Awesome stuff and well done Samsung. I'm mightily impressed..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5