Profile for Glenda > Reviews

Content by Glenda

Glenda

The Travel Book: A journey through every country in the world (Lonely Planet Travel Book)
by Lonely Planet
Price: 30.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 3 April 2012
Beautiful book with lovely images and a little info on countries around the world. Great gift idea for young people or those who enjoy travelling.

Thai Food
Thai Food
by David Thompson
Price: 15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complex, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Thai Food (Hardcover)
I wouldn't consider myself a beginner in the kitchen but I found this book out of my league. The ingredients and complexity of the recipes was not what I was expecting. This is no doubt a wonderful, thorough book on Thai food but it was not what I was after for everyday Thai meals that didn't require me to hunt too hard for ingredients.

Crazy: Notes on and Off the Couch
Crazy: Notes on and Off the Couch
by Rob Dobrenski
Price: 14.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 3 April 2012
I found this book just ok. I enjoyed reading it but at times found myself frustrated with the author and his condescending tone towards others. It does provide some insight if you are far removed from the profession but it was certainly nothing ground breaking. Another similar book which I enjoyed far more was called "Tales from a Traveling Couch: Psychotherapist Revisits His Most Memorable Patients".

What is my Cat Thinking?: The essential guide to understanding your pet
What is my Cat Thinking?: The essential guide to understanding your pet
by Gwen Bailey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, a little basic but certainly helpfull, 3 April 2012
This book has a lot of pictures and not a lot of text which is not what I was expecting. However, I am very happy with it. The pictures really show the subtle cat behaviours that it is trying to explain and it does not require long winded explanations. Overall if you would like a better idea of what your cat is feeling when they look at you a certain way or their ears are laying a certain way this book will provide insight.

How To Be A Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
How To Be A Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
by Nigella Lawson
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, pictures and warmth, 3 April 2012
This is currently one of my favourite books with great recipes, stories, tips and pictures. I would highly recommend it to others.