Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Berkshire, UK)

50 Optical Illusions (Usborne Activity Cards)
50 Optical Illusions (Usborne Activity Cards)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Loose Leaf
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great illusions, 10 May 2012
Great cards, well made and produced. A lot of fun and instructive too. Leave them out at a party, they will get people talking and sharing.

Beyond the Bounds: Open Theism and the Undermining of Biblical Christianity
Beyond the Bounds: Open Theism and the Undermining of Biblical Christianity
Price: 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely Reminder, 10 May 2012
The 'Christian' publishing scene is awash with poorly written, shallow and quite frankly heterodox opinions and views. Open Theism is front stage at attacking orthodox view of God and this book rightly shows the poor exegesis of the open theistic view. It can be a dense read in places and you may need a good dictionary to help (Kindle is very good here) but this book is needed.

When we seek to worship a corrupted view of God we are not worshipping god at all but an idol of our own making. If you are dabbling in Open Theology - read this book - have your mind renewed.

Helix Key Hangers Write-on Assorted Colours Ref W21070 [Pack of 20]
Helix Key Hangers Write-on Assorted Colours Ref W21070 [Pack of 20]
Offered by Shoplet-UK
Price: 2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Tagged Right, 10 May 2012
These were perfect for my requirements which was for a magical illusion. I needed 5 different coloured tags. I have plenty of spares. I was able to print out numbers too. What am I saying?? They are key tags!

Draper 88598 3-Piece Soft-Grip Adjustable Wrench Set
Draper 88598 3-Piece Soft-Grip Adjustable Wrench Set
Price: 16.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tools, 1 Oct 2011
I was very pleased to receive these wrenches as my adjustable had disappeared in very mysterious circumstances and I needed to change a tap washer. The wrenches are well made with soft handles which aid grip. They arrived very promptly in an evening delivery by courier. Excellent service for an excellent product.

Tiger Projector/Laptop Stand
Tiger Projector/Laptop Stand
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 7 Dec 2010
This is a great stand. The construction is good using about 1" tubular steel coated in black. The tripod is firm and the top plate is held very secure by a simple turn screw. The top plate holds my projector well, though there is no retaining strap - it would not be difficult for a user to fit one.

The stand was delivered next day - excellent service for an excellent product.

Q Connect Half Pencil (Pack of 144)
Q Connect Half Pencil (Pack of 144)
Price: 7.03

4.0 out of 5 stars A mind readers delight . . . ., 5 Nov 2010
I am a magician and mind illusionist and these pencils are ideal for what I do, cheap cheerful and are what they are. At this price they are ideal as give-aways.
[...]

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars What a fiddle but fitted at last!, 4 Dec 2009
I found this an absolute pain to fit. Bubbles, dust etc. Put it away for a few days having had four or five goes at it. Eventually tried again, washing it first. Managed to get it fitted and flat only very slight bubbling at edges. Now I have it fitted I am pleased. If your hands like mine are like Zooney from Fireball XL5 (yes I know it ages me) then you may have trouble. However, I have washed it several times and it is stil able to be fitted.

Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box (PS3)
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Burnout IS Paradise!, 19 Mar 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I recently purchased this game in the Ultimate Box version after downloading and playing with the demo.

This is a simply excellent game that has the balance of driving/fun/violence just right. I am only part way into the game but just know it is a game with legs. It is quite clear that Criterion have created a game to be proud of and they are supporting it's development with add ons and improvements.

Review-

Visuals: The look of this game is superb, the design of the city and environs is clearly a well laid out and thoughtful piece of graphic clarity. The changing time brings a change in lighting which can be really impressive. I will sometimes stop get out the car and look around.

Sound: I have this plugged into my surround amplifier with output as DTS from PS3 - one word, awesome. The growl and grunt from the engines, the squeal of tyres, the crunch and grind as steel clashes with steel, concrete, wood or tarmac all in beautiful surround sound, great stuff.

Playability: Perfectly balanced races, stunt runs marked man and road rage events. Places to explore, try new things. Crashes are brilliantly recreated with no increase in insurance premiums. This is a game that you can fire up for a few minutes fun then find a couple of hours have passed!

Conclusion: If you haven't yet bought this game, click on the purchase button, I promise you won't regret it.