Profile for The Book Warm > Reviews

Content by The Book Warm

The Book Warm (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Bolse® 12W NFC Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 8 hour Playtime with Built-in Speakerphone for iPhone 6, 5S, 5, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, HTC, Tablets, PC
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin., 30 Jan. 2015
Nothing more or less to add to what the other reviewers have offered so far. This little gem does the job and the quality of sound is very good. As others wrote, if you seek the pinnacle of musical satisfaction invest on equipment that does and advertises as capable of doing so. I am very satisfied with this purchase!

Tefal Aquaspeed Steam Iron FV5370 - Blue
Tefal Aquaspeed Steam Iron FV5370 - Blue
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good Tefal iron!, 24 Aug. 2014
This iron replaced our old Tefal which packed up after 7 years of frequent use.

Very smooth ironing and tackles creases very well. I gave it 4 stars because although advertised as non drip, there is quite a bit of water dripping which can be a nuisance.

Chimney Charcoal Starter
Chimney Charcoal Starter
Offered by Essential Outdoor Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for charcooal BBQs!, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Chimney Charcoal Starter
This one does what it says on the tin; simple combustion principles in practise without challenging the brains.

I had glowing red charcoal in half an hour since I lit it up, the first time. The second time I put a thin layer of newspaper after having primed the chimney 3/4 of the way, then topped it up with briguettes . This one gave me ready to use charcoal in 20 mins. Would prepare charcoal for a 47cm BBQ but for larger ones you may have to use two chimneys.

Easy, reliable and inexpensive, if compared with other brands that charge triple the price!

Would certainly recommend!

Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars A very improved and useful asset in one's household!, 8 Jun. 2013
This is our second VAX carpet cleaner; the first was an All Terrain V125 which packed up after 5 years of regular use. I picked it up from the Citylink depot myself as they never bothered with a second delivery, as they advertise (first one missed). At the time of the purchase, the Amazon price was the most competitive.

The cleaner comes complete with accessories such as the pretreatment wand, a pretreatment solution (small bottle), carpet detergent solution (small bottle), hand tool, spillage collecting tube,and holsters (for tubing and wand). It took 5 mins to assemble without real need to read the instructions.

First impressions and notable differences to the V125:

- The plastic feels more sturdy and the build quality is notably better.
- It is lighter than the V125 and occupies less space.
- Water and detergents are mixed in a single tank (approx. 4.5L up to the recommended level); the tank can be removed very easily and re-attached equally easily.
- The dirty water tank can also be removed and re-attached extremely easily.
- Easy to store.

Operation

- The pre-treatment wand and solution did the job on some tough stains, but not on some old blood stains on the carpet. Saying that though, the latter were left untreated for some time, hence not really VAX's problem.
- Easy to handle, as it is lighter. Two applications were enough for the heavily trafficked areas in our flat.
- Simple to use: press the trigger to release solution, depress to extract the water from the carpet.
- Quieter than its predecessor.
- Cleaned the carpets much better and with less detergent than its predecessor.
- Within two hours the carpets were totally dry!

The only minor gripe we have is that if the dirty tank is filled with water/foam, water and foam will be splattered around from the bottom rear, making a bit of a mess. To alleviate that, we emptied the tank more frequently than we originally estimated.

In all, we are very satisfied with this purchase. It seems VAX did listen to their customers' complaints/recommendations and improved many features on their carpet cleaners.

We would recommend this product without hesitation to others; it has served us ever so very well so far!

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good hard floor cleaner, 27 April 2013
We bought this (from Amazon) after reading a number of reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. The Amazon price (at the time of writing this review) is some £30 cheaper than if bought directly from Vax, although the latter includes 3 pads (1 coral, 2 microfibres) and a larger detergent bottle.

The pack arrived on time. The mop was well packaged and the quality of plastic the mop is made of felt sturdier than other Vax products that we have tried in the past. The pack contained one pad, one small bottle of cleaner, a measuring cup, the base stand and the attachment for the carpets.

It was very easy to assemble. There was a guide (hanging from the handle piece) with illustrations of how to remove the containers (for water and detergent). Basically they slide on and off with rather little chance to damage anything; just hold near the base and slide. The power cable is adequately long, I think.

Using the mop is very straightforward. As it is lightweight, it is easy to maneouvre. It indeed did a good job on our ceramic tiles and went well around the fiddly corners. Like many buyers commented, the floors will dry fast, provided one does not overtrigger the steam release.

I have read few comments that the mop does not stand on its own; the item that we received stands and latches on and off in the upright position. However, I still haven't figured out how to remove the handle.

I am not sure whether there was a distinctive scent of freshness on completion, but I must admit the floor felt and looked clean. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, as I know that the Karcher steamer is much superior (my cousin owns one and is a remarkable piece of kit); I also find the price of the pads and detergent way over the top. But for the price and the effectiveness of the mop itself, I would not mark anything lower than 4...

The Great Paraquayan
The Great Paraquayan

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that a classical guitarist must listen to., 4 April 2013
I downloaded the album from Amazon trouble free and at a good price. It has shortly become one of my favorites.

Barrios' music is uniquely melodic on its own but the fact it is interpeted by one of the greatest classical guitarists (Williams) adds much to it.

The album recording quality is excellent, while the selection of pieces is the best representation of Barrios' music. A classical guitarist will benefit from the intonation and expression Williams masterfully add to each piece, a good guide for those who would wish to immitate and improve these attributes when playing Barrios' music.

This album is a must have!

12 Etudes: No. 1 Allegro non troppo
12 Etudes: No. 1 Allegro non troppo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 April 2013
The entire album is great, but the perticular piece (Etude No.1) is one of vthe best interpretations out there, by a well acclaimed classical guitarist.

Humax Digital Satellite Set Top Box - Freesat - Foxsat HD
Humax Digital Satellite Set Top Box - Freesat - Foxsat HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Sky!, 3 April 2013
The product arrived well packed and took me five minutes to install, 5 minutes to set the Freesat channels and another 5 minutes to install the non-Freesat channels (very easy but need to get the settings from the internet). The non Freesat channels for the Lady of the house to watch her PCNE channel (Chinese); the latter being the ONLY (stupid...) reason for a 5-year subscription to Sky. Only disadvantaged is the kid, due to lack of Nicktoons etc. but I hope this will finally reduce his time in front of the box and addiction.

Great product, good visual quality, audio could be slighly better but this is a very minor gripe. 5 star from me- wished I had discovered it earlier!

Creative ZEN X-Fi2 16GB 3 inch TouchScreen MP3 and Video Player
Creative ZEN X-Fi2 16GB 3 inch TouchScreen MP3 and Video Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear sound!, 19 Mar. 2011
I purchased the 16GB version directly from Creative as at the time it was by £30 cheaper than any other seller including Amazon. The parcel was dispatched from Shenzen (PRC) and was with me within five days.

The Zen XFI2 is a replacement to my old ipod which suffered a damage on the click wheel. In addition its battery life was already short meaning that mobile music would be only available for a maximum of 2hrs after a complete charge. In total I thought it was uneconomical to repair both. After reading a number of reviews and having been disappointed with the ipod music quality and the Apple extortionate costs in general I decided to go for the Zen, despite the number of negative comments about the touch screen and sound controls.

I would agree with several other reviewers that the sound quality is purely suberb! No more to comment here, I would say one won't find any mp3 out there producing such a clear sound.

The touchscreen is indeed a bit fiddly but I never found it as annoyingly fiddly as others did. Yes, it doesn't compare to the ipad or iphone etc. but it hasn't bothered me much. The sound controls could indeed be a bit better; the current function is not ideal if you keep your mp3 player in your inside pocket as I frequently do. The earphones are good enough for the price and cannot complain about them either.

The video quality is surprisingly good, though the screen is rather too small for watching long length movies. I haven't used the SD card feature yet and something tells me that I won't do so for quite some time.

The creative centrale software is rather poor but does the job.

Overall, an excellent mp3, 4 stars instead of 5 for the iffy sound controls and the very basic centrale features.

Notes of a Russian Sniper: Vassili Zaitsev and the Battle of Stalingrad
Notes of a Russian Sniper: Vassili Zaitsev and the Battle of Stalingrad
by Vassili Zaitsev

5.0 out of 5 stars Sniperism at its best!, 9 Mar. 2011
I've read this book in a day. Absolutely fascinating, written by one of the world's most celebrated WWII snipers:Vassili Zaitsev.

Zaitsev had received very basic education in his early life, yet his writting is simple and to the point, depicting cinematographically the dire developments, mortal combats and tragic reality of life in the Stallingrad ruins.

Do not expect to read the script of "Enemy at the gates" here and perhaps one should ignore some Soviet propagandistic features that are obvious in parts of the book. If you are interested in getting a good description of what war was for a Red Army soldier and particularly a sniper, I recommend you read this book with an open mind.

Page: 1 | 2