Profile for WALTER BRAZIL > Reviews

Tony Bennett And Lady Gaga: Cheek To Cheek [Blu-ray] [2015]
Tony Bennett And Lady Gaga: Cheek To Cheek [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Tony Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny invested, 15 Mar. 2015
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga was the best musical event of the year, no doubt. This Blu-ray Disc deserves five stars for sound, image and exceptional performance of both. It was a big surprise for me to have witnessed such Tony vocal performance today along with Lady Gaga, when both made beautiful vocal duets with such interpretative quality, in addition to their solo performances. This Blu-ray is worth every penny invested. Highly recommended for those who enjoy an unforgettable and exquisite spectacle. Blu-ray Disc Region Free, and the selected sound was Dolby True HD, which has the best sound dynamics.

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Dwayne Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars I was amazed by the 3D effects, 24 Aug. 2014
A fun film suitable for watching with a bag of popcorn together with all the family. Image with stunning 3D effects that surpass all expectations, with excellent surround sound. Those who enjoy a 3D movie hopes to have some good scares caused by effects that pop out of the screen, plus good depth of the 3D image, and is all that this movie has without excesses.

New Year's Concert: 2014 - Vienna Philharmonic (Barenboim) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Barenboim

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS SURPRISED POSITIVELY, beyond my expectations., 27 April 2014
This Blu - ray Disc - New Year's Concert: 2014 - surprised me more than the previous, which I still find excellent too. But the conducting of Maestro Daniel Barenboim in Philarmonica Vienna makes musical themes chosen to gain more brightness, dynamic, more impact , but at the same time smoothness on the most romantic themes. An example of dynamic, brightness and impact I can quote the "Egypticher Marsch - op. 335", when all the musicians have an interesting vocal participation, greatly enriching the music performed. I thought I had seen everything about the picture quality in Blu-ray Disc, but this " New Year's Concertd 2014," the beauty and depth of the image is beyond anything I expected of a good BD, it seems like it I was watching all on a TV 4K ... in my Plasma 65VT50b. The sound quality of the orchestra is also excellent, very well laid out and with great orchestral power (but with a lower recording volume than 2009). It would be great if Daniel Barenboim returned to conduct more times New Year's performances in the future. I suggest everyone to watch the 3 bonus that are included in this exceptional BD, an extra surprise.

Midnight Tango [Blu-ray]
Midnight Tango [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Vincent Simone
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY PLEASANT SUPRISE., 13 April 2014
This review is from: Midnight Tango [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have just watched with great anticipation my Blu - ray " MIDNIGHT TANGO". I have no words to describe my admiration for this beautiful spectacle of Latin American dances, especially the parts of the Argentine Tango . All participants of the film acted magnificently. Vincent and Flavia are excellent dancers, with perfect timing, a lot of rhythm, movement, and of course, passion. The musical numbers are well known for big fans of this genre of music, but here played by a small but competent group of musicians in a freer, modern, vivid way, with moments of great passion and well rehearsed complicity between Vincent and Flavia. Simply amazing, completely different from what we are used to seeing in Musical Shows, besides not having audible dialogues between artists which use the resource of mime, very wisely to give a more tempered air to the dramas that will unfold during the Show. The sound quality is very good, defined and detailed with good dynamics, despite its low recording signal. The image quality is surprisingly very high technical level on my Panna TV 65VT50b, well defined, very natural color and excellent contrast for a nocturnal environment, in which the action is unfolding. I felt like I was there. The disc is region free but only for equipment that convert PAL system to NTSC system. Highly recommended for those with refined taste for a good Show of music and dance.

Still Reelin & A-Rockin [Blu-ray] [2013] [US Import]
Still Reelin & A-Rockin [Blu-ray] [2013] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Cliff Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff Richard, better than ever!, 27 Feb. 2014
Excellent musical Show with great picture and good sound. The songs remind us of a past when we were happier, one important detail that we've forgotten. How can an artist with over 70 years appear to be in such good shape? Sir Harry Rodger Webb (Cliff...) seems to have been one of those who managed this feat. I recommend this Blu-ray to all seeking good times with good music.

Mary Poppins 50th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Mary Poppins 50th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars MARY POPPINS, WHERE IS YOUR HIGH DEFINITION?, 24 Jan. 2014
Today I received the Blu-ray of "Mary Poppins", and I ran to watch it with great interest (on my Panna 65VT50b), and when the movie ended my expectation has become a big frustration. I'll explain in a few words. I gave 4 stars for sound and 5 stars for the movie, but for the quality of the restored Blu-ray picture, honestly, it is equal or lower than my excellent DVD. I did not notice any significant improvement in the picture quality of this film, just an unpleasant increase in the picture graining that is almost absent on the DVD (but the animated sequence is very pleasent on B.D.), but the definition of fine details did not seem better than that of DVD, so it I guess that the excess of granulation detracted observation of fine details in the image. I believe that Disney did not make any serious work of restoring this excellent movie except in the quality of 5.1 sound (DTS HD HR) which provides a good surrounding effect. I ask: Does the American version is better in everything than the UK version?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 3:48 AM BST

Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robbie Williams
Offered by GNH100

4.0 out of 5 stars ROBBIE, GETTING BETTER, 31 Dec. 2013
This Show: "One Night At The Palladium" could have been much better if the sound engineer had done a better job of sound mixing. This Show had songs well chosen and well interpreted, great performance from everyone, especially of Robbie Williams, a true Showman. This Show has a good picture, but I was surprised with this Blu-ray disc has been formatted for PAL (Region Free), but, fortunately my OPPO BDP-103 also decodes PAL to NTSC to play on my excellent Plasma TV 65VT50b (Panna). As for the sound quality, I feel that is lacking most dynamic range in the sound, clarity and audio signal. I think the sound engineer failed to use all the great features of the Dolby True HD system, which, however, is still the best soundtrack of this disc. The last Blu-ray Disc from him at the Royal Albert Hall has a better sound quality ever, a reference to follow.

Home for the Holiday [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]
Home for the Holiday [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was all American Christmas carols., 13 Dec. 2012
For the Blu-Ray "Home For The Holiday" I expected a less classical selection but with most popular songs from the American songbook. For sound and picture I gave 5 stars, but for the show I just gave 3.5 stars, with the advantage of having including Portuguese subtitles. I found the first part of the album more cheerful but the second part was quite dull, boring, perhaps because it has many songs of German lyric book, very lyrical music for my taste.

West Side Story [Blu-ray] [1961] [US Import]
West Side Story [Blu-ray] [1961] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Richard Beymer

5.0 out of 5 stars This Blu-ray is so good as I hoped it would., 29 Nov. 2012
I'm not going to make today a review of a movie that everyone already knows. I'll clarify what some people still do not know: this Blu-ray disc has an excellent picture to the age of the film (5 stars), and a good sound (3.5 stars) without sync errors, but the sound is not much better than the 5.1 Dolby I compared it with my DVD of 2001. It has subtitles in Portuguese-BR, English, German, French, Spanish and more six languages​​. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a great musical movie for the whole family, and who still has a little romanticism in their lives ...

The Terminator [Blu-ray] [1984] [Region Free]
The Terminator [Blu-ray] [1984] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY The Terminator everyone expected, 27 Nov. 2012
Excellent picture, very good sound DTS-HDMasterAudio 5.1, subtitles in various languages ​​Inglês SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese-BR, Japanese, Cantonese, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Indonesian, Korean, Mandarin (Traditional), Norwegian, Swedish, Thai, and run time of 108 minutes (NTSC format, all regions-ABC). Worth every penny paid. Nothing else remembers the unfortunate American release of this Blu-ray disc that is as bad as a bad DVD.

Page: 1 | 2