Profile for JC > Reviews

Content by JC

JC "mrs cooks kitchen" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Justice for Colette: My daughter was murdered - I never gave up hope of her killer being found. He was finally caught after 26 years
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars heart breaking, 3 Dec 2013
I read this from a mums perspective and it was heart breaking. how colettes mum was strong enough to even stay alive I do n ot know. it covers the entire story which spans some 25 years. no mother should have to go through that. as I say it is sad but truly inspirational too. what a woman

Christmas at the Beach Cafe: A Novella
Christmas at the Beach Cafe: A Novella
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars a gentle read, 3 Dec 2013
this didn't set my world alight as some books do but I had a great time reading it and thoroughly enjoyed it. when you need to relax and not think too hard but want a decent storyline this is a great book to pick up.

Vegan on the Cheap
Vegan on the Cheap
Price: 7.12

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay, 3 Dec 2013
in all honest there a re far too many meat substitute ideas in this book for me. it is also written for the American market so can be difficult to get through. there were a few nice recipes which I will use but on the whole not worth getting for me.

Fit is the New Skinny: The No-BS Truth About Getting Thinner, Leaner, and Stronger (The Build Muscle, Get Lean, and Stay Healthy Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 3 Dec 2013
well worth a read. its informative, talks I a no nonsense way and will help you be the weight you want not the weight you think you are stuck at. it doesn't preach or nag but gives you the tools to sort your life out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

925 Ideas to Help You Save Money, Get Out of Debt and Retire A Millionaire So You Can Leave Your Mark on the World

1.0 out of 5 stars yawn, 3 Dec 2013
I was hoping this could be helpful but this didn't inspire me at all with its ideas that seemed to have little or no relevance to my life. im all for saving a pretty penny but this didn't cut the mustard!

The Positive Thinking Secret
The Positive Thinking Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars another life changing read!, 3 Dec 2013
Wow! i wasn't sure when i started reading the book if i was going to like it but i warmed to the author quickly and I am so glad I read the entire book.
it has made me realise how we need to understand nature and live with it not diametrically opposite it and how having a positive mental attitude is life changing.
I have even now switched form vegetarian to full macrobiotic diet as a result of reading this. im no hippy im what some may call a chic city girl living in London.
get t his book, its free, be inspired and change your life for the better.

Macrobiotics for All Seasons
Macrobiotics for All Seasons
by Marlene Watson-Tara
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a life chasnging book, 3 Dec 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend after hitting a real crisis caused by the food I was eating. I have always been vegetarian but knew that the food I ate such as dairy were causing me grief! I am not a fan of processed foods or meat substitutes so any old vegan cook book was never going to hit the mark.
This book is awesome for so many reasons. it explains the philosophy of eating and makes so much sense. in the western world we readily shove any old rubbish in our mouths and most of the time its not even proper food!
It has amazingly tasty simple recipes for which I have had absolutely no problem finding any of the ingredients. The food is filling yet light.
the recipes are written in a chatty way which I personally find great.
the author has so much expertise you know you can trust her.
have just ordered two more copies, one for my daughter and one for a friend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 2:39 PM GMT

The Brightest Star in the Sky
The Brightest Star in the Sky
by Marian Keyes

3.0 out of 5 stars not marian at her best, 21 April 2010
usually i can devour a marian keyes in a couple of days but this took me a long while - i just didnt get grabbed by it - not a patch on her previous novels. what a shame

Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt: 101 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt
Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt: 101 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt
by Megan Nicolay
Price: 10.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as expected, 21 April 2010
oh how i hoped for something really exciting - half of the rprojects really do look like junk - i hate slating things but i recieved a parcel of three books - all completely disappointing.

Making Handbags: Retro, Chic and Luxurious Designs
Making Handbags: Retro, Chic and Luxurious Designs
by Ellen Goldstein-Lynch
Price: 10.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 21 April 2010
I can only say t hat this book is terribly boring with it's dreary "designs" - another waste of money

Page: 1 | 2