ARRAY(0xb4e6e780)

Profile for John Nunn > Reviews

Content by John Nunn
Helpful Votes: 1998

John Nunn (Warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips HairClipper HC5450/83 with DualCut Technology and Titanium Blades
Philips HairClipper HC5450/83 with DualCut Technology and Titanium Blades

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, shame about the reality., 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When in use my other half felt as though she had no real control over the cut, and the result needed to have manual intervention. As such it rendered the benefit of the device useless.

Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Offered by Gadget Grotto

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor shave., 15 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Shaving is a real bind for me, I have dark thick hair which is very hard to get a good close shave. I was hoping that this may help to get a good result, unfortunately the shave was one of the poorest I have ever had.

Sage 50 Payroll - 25 Employees Extra Auto Enrolment Edition (PC)
Sage 50 Payroll - 25 Employees Extra Auto Enrolment Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to sage accounts to manage payroll, 20 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I run a small business and managing the payroll can be a bit unwieldy, especially when dealing with variable rates and commission. Sage Payroll handles all of this effortlessly and integrates perfectly with Sage Accounts. Freeing my time up to do more important things like delivering the services to my clients.

Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Cardioid Microphone
Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Cardioid Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing high quality USB Microphone, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This great high quality mic, is a perfect boon to anybody who wants to record audio on their PC. I use it to record voice over screen captures showing people how to use software, and to document bugs. The device has a very nice pre-processor for dynamic adjustment which is for either music or vocals with the option to switch this off and deliver just the raw audio to the PC for processing later.
Overall a perfect device which does its job and looks nice on the desk. I think I might be buying a second one for use at home.

1642 Flap Over Leather Business Card Holder
1642 Flap Over Leather Business Card Holder
Offered by The Bag & Wallet Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect way to carry your business cards, 27 Jan 2014
This is an absolute perfect card holder, I have struggled with the slim metal ones as they can only hold a few cards at a time. I attend a large number of events and seminars and as such end up handing out and receiving dozens of cards. This very nice to hold wallet allow me to carry over 40 cards and if I take from the front and place in the back I can keep the cards I receive in good condition for when I get back to the office.
The case itself if perfectly made with really soft leather which feels good in the hand and looks professional. When I need to replace my wallet I will defiantly look at what 1642 have to offer.

Kenko Teleplus DGX 2X MC7 Teleconverter for Nikon
Kenko Teleplus DGX 2X MC7 Teleconverter for Nikon

3.0 out of 5 stars A great was to increase the focal length without a huge outlay, however autofocus is detrimentally affected., 27 Jan 2014
I have used this teleconverter with my Nikon D3200 and a Sigma 70-300mm Lens (Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras), the converter worked superbly, whilst there was a little loss in quality it was hardly noticeable. The one flaw was the inability for the auto focus to function effectively at the top end of the focal length, which was a bit disappointing. But for the price it did significantly increase the focal length of the lens, without too much loss in definition.
The major downside was the time it took for the auto focus to work was significantly increased, this was not so much of an issue as I was able to use the manual focus and then there was not noticeable difference in performance.

Logitech T631 Ultrathin Touch Mouse for Mac
Logitech T631 Ultrathin Touch Mouse for Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for the standard apple magic mouse., 20 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a perfect replacement mouse for the supplied Magic Mouse. it glides on the work surface rather than scrapes like the apple Magic mouse. The sensitivity is just about right and the battery life is very good, the included charging cable is short but when plugged into the USB slot on the keyboard it is perfect for charging the mouse when not in use. The trapezoid shape makes it ideal for use in either the right hand or left without any issues. I am going to be getting a second one for my mac at home.

SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
by Randy Drisgill

4.0 out of 5 stars thorough but in specific directions, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
SharePoint is becoming so ubiquitous in various implementations that really a specialist guide for each flavour is needed. I handed this off to my other half to get to grips with the subject, but she was soon bewailing that she could not use most of the examples because it required a traditional onsite SharePoint installation (and we didn't have a spare server, since we use the online version via Office 365). Unfortunately the nuances of the current Office 365 flavour of SharePoint don't seem to be fully explained anywhere- which is a shame. Ultimately the conclusion was that this would be a valuable book, but only if you went in the direction in which you were being herded.

CSS3 Pushing the Limits
CSS3 Pushing the Limits
by Stephen Greig

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
a great introduction to CSS£- with thorough explanations and useful examples. It's becoming a well thumbed book at the moment.

Circulon Acclaim Twin Pack Frys - Black
Circulon Acclaim Twin Pack Frys - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality pans but why two small?, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For non stick pans these (after intermittent testing) work as would be expected as non-stick pans. The information claims that the handle is oven safe so they should work next time we conjure up a tarte tatin.
However normally you would cook with one large one small pan, so two pans of a similar small to medium size just adds unnecessary clutter

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20