Profile for RAB > Reviews

RAB

Beethoven: Violin Concerto, Romances, Fragment Concerto
Beethoven: Violin Concerto, Romances, Fragment Concerto
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beethoven Violin Concerto -Patricia Kopatchinskaja soloist, 21 Nov 2010
This is a compelling performance by a talented Violinist accompanied by an excellent orchestra. I am a great fan of music played on period instruments and enjoyed this work immensely. I am not sure that I prefer the overdubbed cadenza to the more usual style of performance. However, I have only listened to it a few times and it may grow on me! Time will tell.

Sibelius - Complete Symphonies
Sibelius - Complete Symphonies
Offered by SeeDeez
Price: 24.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Sibelius - Complete Symphonies, 21 Nov 2010
I have enjoyed these recordings- bought at the same time as the Sir John Barbirolli The Sibelius Edition- especially the third and fourth symphonies.It is a very satisfying reading that makes the Symphonies reveal a different landscape- much like a change in lighting changes the mood of a familiar place- the same but different. I had not previously heard the either The Tempest or In Memoriam, and was pleasantly surprised by this introduction to material new to me. The sound recording quality is very good. I would buy the set again and have no hesitation in recommending this performance. It is excellent value for money.